shack tutoring? (1 Viewer)

jaechen

HSC
has anyone volunteered for shack tutoring? whats it like? is it rewarding?

and is it really any different to a tutoring job (where you actually get paid)

Last edited:

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I have. It was rewarding for me. I have a paid casual job tutoring and I find it more rewarding tutoring someone for free. If u have an empty spot in your timetable, sometime Mon-Wed 3.30-6pm, I recommend it.

jaechen

HSC
I have. It was rewarding for me. I have a paid casual job tutoring and I find it more rewarding tutoring someone for free. If u have an empty spot in your timetable, sometime Mon-Wed 3.30-6pm, I recommend it.
did you have to prepare lessons or did you just rock up every week and help them with homework? i guess im just asking if its a homework help thing or an actual class where you teach your own new content

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
did you have to prepare lessons or did you just rock up every week and help them with homework? i guess im just asking if its a homework help thing or an actual class where you teach your own new content
homework help and there r textbooks available for many of the subjects so if u need to know something, u won't be put on the spot - u can use them.

jaechen

HSC
homework help and there r textbooks available for many of the subjects so if u need to know something, u won't be put on the spot - u can use them.
alright thanks it sounds like a good volunteering opportunity ill give it a go :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)