Shalom College Interviews (1 Viewer)

cabso1

HSC
I just applied last week and apparently they don't notify unsuccessful applicants. They took 10 bucks off me, the decent thing would be to email back saying you didn't get an interview or whatever. It's the only college I've applied to, haven't bothered with more stupid applications and hassling teachers for references (been out of school for a year and a bit)

Anyway I've yet to hear back from them, all I know is that they still have some places left. So who here has gotten an interview?

Last edited:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I just applied last week and apparently they don't notify unsuccessful applicants. They took 10 bucks off me, the decent thing would be to email back saying you didn't get an interview or whatever. It's the only college I've applied to, haven't bothered with more stupid applications and hassling teachers for references (been out of school for a year and a bit)

Anyway I've yet to hear back from them, all I know is that they still have some places left. So who here has gotten an interview?
Colleges usually don't get back to you anyway. I applied for New College years ago and never heard jack shit from them. I even called them up and got some weak response that essentially amounted to 'You failed, so yeah' while I was overseas. Not too fussed though as the accomodation itself was shit and probably worse than my boarding school.

Shalom would be quite selective since they're a much smaller college though.

cabso1

HSC
Colleges usually don't get back to you anyway. I applied for New College years ago and never heard jack shit from them. I even called them up and got some weak response that essentially amounted to 'You failed, so yeah' while I was overseas. Not too fussed though as the accomodation itself was shit and probably worse than my boarding school.

Shalom would be quite selective since they're a much smaller college though.
True, I've just got this one person who I keep on pestering. It's either a college or get an apartment for myself, don't want to be stuck in an international infested shared apartment. I'm an international myself but I was more referring to the people who come to UNSW on the PR and reputation brigade.

Do you live at home?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Wow. You applied for one college, and you applied for the worst one.

Apply for the others - you won't regret it. After living in college here for two years, I'm firmly of the opinion that at least one or two years in college will set you up for uni.

The point on college is not to have nice accomodation - the point is to be part of a thriving and vibrant community. College life is far too good to pass up becuase you can't be bothered.

cabso1

HSC
Thanks for that. Had a look for TKC, and since they don't require an out of the way reference that would've had me hounding old teachers, I'm going to apply there as well. That is, if they still have places.

Which college are you in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)