Shampoo! (1 Viewer)

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
i use herbal essence or dove..ive been told pantene screws up your hair real bad too..but i guess everyones hair is different so i guess you have to invest in all different ons and stick with whatever suits you best!

Skeeta

HSC
Someone told me the other day that its not good for you to use the same shampoo for too long :confused:

I change around depending on what is in the shower/how my hair is feeling (PPS vs. head&shoulders)

but yeah :/

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
You can use Pantene if you like how it feels on your hair but it leaves a lot of build up after a while which can make it limp.

Mix a tablespoon of bicarb soda with baby shampoo and leave it in your hair for 5 minutes, wash out.
DIY clarifying shampoo.

(God I'm good:p.)

HSC
Palmolive pearl shine makes your hair sooo shiney and soft. But I can't find it anymore. Dove shampoo for damaged hair is also very nice.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Skeeta said:
Someone told me the other day that its not good for you to use the same shampoo for too long :confused:
I don't know whether it's good or not but I dont like using the same one again and again anyway. I like the way Pantene and Garnier (the shiny not matte bottle) make my hair feel so slippery and nice but it stops "working" after abotu 2 weeks so I switch then go back when I need a day for my hair to behave lol.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hmm.
I like the Sunsilk Anti-Frizz (Green one and the conditioner that goes with it. It smells nice too) It makes my hair feel so smooth.
The worst. Pantene Pro-V for coloured hair.
Makes your hair SO dry, and suprisingly it gets very oily, very quickly- within 24 hours. BAD.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Omg u don't use conditioner???

I can't live without the stuff. Use Garnier Fructis fortifying conditioner (after any shampoo), the one in the shiny reflective bottle, and it'll be noticeably smoother after 1 or 2 washes.

HSC
N/A
I don't understand how people can't use conditioner either. Seriously - it's god! And I don't think anyone should *need* to constantly switch shampoos... if it 'stops working' after a period of time, I'd take that as a sign as something in the formula just isn't working. I've been on De Lorenzo now for almost three years, no complaints :) I think it's all about finding the brand and specific formula (ie frizzy, dry, normal etc) that is 'right' for you :)

And letting your hair air-dry is fine, even if you don't towel off excess water (however it's convenient to at least squeeze out the excess water lol). Hair-drying, especially when done regularly, is actually bad for your hair ;)

HSC
'L'oreal Professionnel expert: Absolut Repair' shampoo and conditioner....

bought it from a salon for about $20 a bottle... but its the best thing that has ever happened to my dry, damaged, [but straightened] hair.

Thoroughly recommended

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
Hmm.
I like the Sunsilk Anti-Frizz (Green one and the conditioner that goes with it. It smells nice too) It makes my hair feel so smooth.
The worst. Pantene Pro-V for coloured hair.
Makes your hair SO dry, and suprisingly it gets very oily, very quickly- within 24 hours. BAD.
Haha i'm the exact opposite. The new purple (smooth and straight) Sunsilk sucks. It smells like talcum powder and leaves my ends tangled. It reminds me of Dove, which is also crap as.

I don't get what's so bad about pantene, or silicone. It's in kerastase as well, which i loveee. It makes my hair soo silky.

Sofstar

HSC
Pantene have just had a 'new and improved' fragrance change. Old one smelt nicer.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
Sofstar said:
Pantene have just had a 'new and improved' fragrance change. Old one smelt nicer.
Lol the new one smells fruitier... but not fruity. Hmm that doesn't make sense, but yeah the old one was nicer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)