Share your 2015 HSC results here (1 Viewer)

aanthnnyyy

HSC
kinda disappointed with the 80-89 pre-all-rounder results :/ but nothing I can do now

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Oy lads there's a 10 mark discrepancy between my Legal exam mark and legal assessment mark. I didn't get lower than 90 raw all year and rocked up getting 83 in the exam mark, which is something like 70 raw? Worth getting checked out?
Yeah

karan96

HSC
can someone pls inform what HSC mark would get you a state rank in business and economics? and also, do they just consider your final HSC mark for state rank (so internal and external combined)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
can someone pls inform what HSC mark would get you a state rank in business and economics? and also, do they just consider your final HSC mark for state rank (so internal and external combined)
Yeah they consider your final HSC Mark. Last year last state rank for HSC Economics was 96 HSC Mark. I think 96 has achieved HSC Business Studies state rank in the past too, but not too sure.

Mr_Kap

HSC

Im happy with my results. Am pissed of i screwed up my chem trial and got 56%, and it put me from rank 1 to rank 6/8, and as you can see my assessment mark stopped me from getting the band 6. Math i was hoping for better but i knew i would get around this mark. Bio, am so happy i got the band 6 in the end. And physics is dissapointing but I knew i stuffed up the HSC exam so oh well.

ADV ENGLISH 82!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually can't believe it. So glad i didn't choose standard even though i was a total fuckwit at adv english and didn't know how to write anything. My Hamlet essay was probably 450 words \, and all my others were probably less than 1000, and i just regurgitated from memory and got 82 in english. That proves that you should always choose adv english.

Looks like i'll be getting 90+ Atar now!!!

Last edited:

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Im happy with my results. Am pissed of i screwed up my chem trial and got 56%, and it put me from rank 1 to rank 6/8, and as you can see my assessment mark stopped me from getting the band 6. Math i was hoping for better but i knew i would get around this mark. Bio, am so happy i got the band 6 in the end. And physics is dissapointing but I knew i stuffed up the HSC exam so oh well.

AND OMG ADV ENGLISH 82!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually can't believe it. So glad i didn't choose standard even though i was a total fuckwit at adv english and didn't know how to write anything. My Hamlet essay was probably 450 words the more i think about it, and all my others were probably less than 1000, and i just regurgitated from memory and got 82 in english. That proves that you should always choose adv english.

Looks like i'll be getting 90+ Atar now!!!
Yay! Congratulations :)

I agree with the english rule... a few of my friends dropped to std and I don't think it was wise

akshaynand

HSC
General english - 70
business studies-65
chemistry-42
maths general 2-46
pdhpe-66
hospitality- 77

what atar could i get from this

drainbammage

HSC
Oy lads there's a 10 mark discrepancy between my Legal exam mark and legal assessment mark. I didn't get lower than 90 raw all year and rocked up getting 83 in the exam mark, which is something like 70 raw? Worth getting checked out?
Im in the same boat as you, I have an 11 mark difference between my exam and assessment marks, Im definitely going to get my results checked.

thomasdo1

HSC
What mark beats a 99 in 2u, should I still do 4u this year? (I accelerated)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
What mark beats a 99 in 2u, should I still do 4u this year? (I accelerated)
According to http://www.atarcalculator.com.au, a 99 in 2U is a 99.95 ATAR Equivalent. Also according to that Calculator, the a mark of ~95 is the lowest 4U HSC Mark that also gets 99.95 ATAR Equivalent, whilst the lowest such mark for 2U is 98. A HSC Mark of 97 in 2U is 99.75 ATAR Equivalent whilst a mark of 94 in 4U is 99.9 ATAR Equivalent. So you should probably do 4U if you think you can do well, as a 95-6+ is probably better than 99 in 2U, and also as FlameLash said, it makes your 3U worth two units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)