Share your 2015 HSC results here (1 Viewer)

Drsoccerball

HSC
Eng adv: 85
Chem: 82
Phy:89
X1:99
X2:96
What happens when my physics/ chemistry teacher marks the girls easier they take top positions and scale us down in the hsc...gg boys

Michael01

HSC
N/A
Throughout the year I was doing quite well in a number of subjects. Those being English standard, studies of religion and design/tech. For each subject I received an internal mark of 95 for English, 92 for religion and 85 for design and technology. I was ranked 1 in English and religion by atleast a band (I believe the person in second for English and religion was in the upper 70's) However upon receiving my external results I was horrified to see that I had dropped two bands in English and religion. I ended up with marks of 78 for English, 74 for religion and 74 for design/technology. I don't understand how this could of happened especially since others in my cohort that did nowhere near as well as me throughout the year got 76's and 72's in English and religion. This just makes no sense to me as I thought my English responses were Much stronger than my trial exam, I know I answered every question thoroughly and I made sure I would be given marks for everything I wrote. I also ended up with a minuscule atar of 60.55 when teachers were predicting of an atar atleast in the late 70s. I'm feeling lost, frustrated and puzzled and am wondering wether I should contact my school to look into it or pay the fee to get my exams looked into. Does this seem abit off?

HSC
Throughout the year I was doing quite well in a number of subjects. Those being English standard, studies of religion and design/tech. For each subject I received an internal mark of 95 for English, 92 for religion and 85 for design and technology. I was ranked 1 in English and religion by atleast a band (I believe the person in second for English and religion was in the upper 70's) However upon receiving my external results I was horrified to see that I had dropped two bands in English and religion. I ended up with marks of 78 for English, 74 for religion and 74 for design/technology. I don't understand how this could of happened especially since others in my cohort that did nowhere near as well as me throughout the year got 76's and 72's in English and religion. This just makes no sense to me as I thought my English responses were Much stronger than my trial exam, I know I answered every question thoroughly and I made sure I would be given marks for everything I wrote. I also ended up with a minuscule atar of 60.55 when teachers were predicting of an atar atleast in the late 70s. I'm feeling lost, frustrated and puzzled and am wondering wether I should contact my school to look into it or pay the fee to get my exams looked into. Does this seem abit off?
I dont think it seems off to be honest with you.

Those mark differences to me indicate that the exams your school set, and the marking criteria for your school exams, were very lenient and easy relative to the HSC.

The marks your school sends to BOSTES goes through a moderation process where the marks are adjusted to the level of the HSC exams. If this process didnt occur, then every school would set piss easy exams so all the students would get 100.

I believe your school set easy exams or marked very leniently relative to the difficulty of the HSC exams and HSC marking guidelines. Hence why your marks were low.

Michael01

HSC
N/A
I dont think it seems off to be honest with you.

Those mark differences to me indicate that the exams your school set, and the marking criteria for your school exams, were very lenient and easy relative to the HSC.

The marks your school sends to BOSTES goes through a moderation process where the marks are adjusted to the level of the HSC exams. If this process didnt occur, then every school would set piss easy exams so all the students would get 100.

I believe your school set easy exams or marked very leniently relative to the difficulty of the HSC exams and HSC marking guidelines. Hence why your marks were low.
That's what I thought and still do think would be the only explanation for it if these results are correct. However, if that's the case then doesn't that mean that my school favouritised me over other students, eg giving me an internal mark of 95 while second got 78. If that's the case then I can see why I would drop back so far. However, that doesn't really seem possible and the only other explanation would be that I seriously bombed the external exam to drop back to a similar mark to those who were consistently being marked much lower than me, wouldn't it? Also, my English teacher marked the HSC exams last year so I'd say she's a fairly credible marker.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
That's what I thought and still do think would be the only explanation for it if these results are correct. However, if that's the case then doesn't that mean that my school favouritised me over other students, eg giving me an internal mark of 95 while second got 78. If that's the case then I can see why I would drop back so far. However, that doesn't really seem possible and the only other explanation would be that I seriously bombed the external exam to drop back to a similar mark to those who were consistently being marked much lower than me, wouldn't it? Also, my English teacher marked the HSC exams last year so I'd say she's a fairly credible marker.
Buy a mark recheck?

Gerardddbro

HSC
If you pay $$$ for the result check, raw mark report and your written answers, is there any chance of an error in your favour being changed and therefore resulting in a lower ATAR?
e.g. mark from 93 ecos to 92 causing an ATAR decrease

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Marking the HSC last year doesnt make her a credible marker tbh.

When I did my HSC, the person ranked first got 103/105 in trials from a HSC senior marker, yet in the actual HSC got 80/105.

If you pay $$$ for the result check, raw mark report and your written answers, is there any chance of an error in your favour being changed and therefore resulting in a lower ATAR?
e.g. mark from 93 ecos to 92 causing an ATAR decrease
Your marks can not decrease, even if there is an error.

HSC
See signature..

Only disappointed for Standard English which would've pulled my atar below 80.00

I was over the moon with legal, If I received maybe a 77 for STD ENG, 83 for GEO, 82 for SOR I wouldve been complete!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)