Share your ATAR here (1 Viewer)

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
You have our support mate. Remember that there always other pathways leading up to your dream course!
Thanks mate for your support. I wasn't aiming high, but someone once told me; the effort and hard work that you put into something will always show. 66.60 is just how hard I worked, and yes it freaking sucks.

Honestly speaking, those who got 80+, I'm impressed and honoured, you guys hammered something I couldn't; something that proves you're all smarter than me.

Fun fact: Half my mates got less than 50.

astroman

HSC
Thanks mate for your support. I wasn't aiming high, but someone once told me; the effort and hard work that you put into something will always show. 66.60 is just how hard I worked, and yes it freaking sucks.

Honestly speaking, those who got 80+, I'm impressed and honoured, you guys hammered something I couldn't; something that proves you're all smarter than me.

UWS engineering-->UTS engineering

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

Hey! At least you can brag on them for a while!

Nonetheless well done :)

ag6858

HSC
Uni Grad

In all honesty 66.6 isn't a particularly bad mark. It's still better than almost half the stage, and while it might not get you into top tier courses and top tier unis, it does open up a range of opportunities to still do some perfectly reasonable courses at places like UWS with the opportunity to transfer to your dream course later. I've got some friends who'd love a 66.6, so it's all a matter of perspective. Head up :)

iStudent

HSC
98.65 at a 600+ school

OMFG YES THIS IS THE HIGHEST ATAR IN THE HISTORY OF MY SCHOOL YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ATAR Goal of 30: exceeded omfg i can get into tafe and maybe do medicine at cq uni with my 40 atar xoxo
We both beat school records :D (in my case it's a school in the 300s - and still in the 300s this year -_-)

v1

HSC
Got 96, cutoff for actuarial at mcq is 96.25 :(

Any advice on what I should do?
Apply for all versions (double degrees) of the course if u really want it, because sometimes different double degree will have a lower cutoff. You can do this because the first year for all actuarial students are the same, and at the end of the year you can drop/change the 2nd degree.
Good luck!!

also its quite easy to internally transfer

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

I was browsing old threads here on BOS before the HSC and saw a guy who got 60's and transferred into UNSW Law in his second year.

I'm sure it'll all work out in the end man :)

astroman

HSC
IIRC there was a guy who got mystery mark and went tafe and later transferred to UTS engineering.

HSC
Anyone here that goes to a school ranked between 400-600+ and get an ATAR of 90+?
Yesh, our school is ranked ~550 and I got 92.30 :D Brings me up to 97.30 with QTAC bonus points, definitely more than I need considering the course I want to get in had a 74 cutoff last year, and I also have two scholarships for that uni now as well and and and and

Okay i'll stop now XD I am just so happy :D

noctua

HSC
Apply for all versions (double degrees) of the course if u really want it, because sometimes different double degree will have a lower cutoff. You can do this because the first year for all actuarial students are the same, and at the end of the year you can drop/change the 2nd degree.
Good luck!!

also its quite easy to internally transfer
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put down all double degree for actuarial, and if I don't get it I was thinking of doing commerce at UNSW and transferring into actuarial studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)