Share Your Ext 2 Eng Results (1 Viewer)

InTheMood

HSC
I was extremely surprised with mine and would love to know how others felt and whether they too were shocked. I got 48/50 [exam mark] for critical response on the Dexter series.

:)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
46/50 overall for my romantic fiction-stream of consciousness-metafictional-postmodern-modernist-ironic-satirical-feel good-French Lieutenant's Woman-esque story about a young married couple who apparently argue about the breakage of a laptop charger. Or, 46/50 for my pastiche. So happy! =)

I think, in actuality: a just result for a just effort. I'm very happy, ecstatic really.

Also, I got 47/50 from the marking centre. Congratulations =)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I was extremely surprised with mine and would love to know how others felt and whether they too were shocked. I got 48/50 [exam mark] for critical response on the Dexter series.

:)
Wow! I would REALLY like to read it, if you're okay with that (Dex fan myself, not entirely happy with the season 5 finale though)

hscsubjectstodo

HSC
I was upset.

Externally I got 42. Assessment I got 48. So just scraped in with a E4.

Disappointed however. Would have thought 48, 49, 50, considering I topped my grade.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
i was absolutely shocked by my mark. my teachers had basically told me that my major work was crap so i had just given up and handed it in without even editing it, or checking for silly mistakes >_o.
i ended up getting 49/50 for external, 47/50 internal, averaging out to 48/50 overall. so happy :) :) :)
i was expecting like, not even in the band e4 range lol ><

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I was upset.

Externally I got 42. Assessment I got 48. So just scraped in with a E4.

Disappointed however. Would have thought 48, 49, 50, considering I topped my grade.
Hey that's still pretty good. E4's are E4's. Still, I can see where you're coming from. Though the Reflection Statement probably let you down.

saba_saba

HSC
Somehow, I got a 50! I could not believe it. It was 6am and I was half asleep and trembling from nerves and... BAM. 50. *is still excited* ^_______^
Congrats everyone on the amazing scores! But then again, a number can never really sum up the degree of effort/time/self/etc poured into this crazy, fabulous project. XDD

InTheMood

HSC
iSplicer, happy to let you read it. ive only seen the first three seasons as i only have free tv, can't wait for the fourth - so much praise for it is going around.

nutcracker, that seems a bit strange that they bagged out your work however clearly in your assessment mark they loved it and you were doing well. congratulations on your final mark though. my hsc mark was 46, as 43/50 was my assessment mark. obviously someone liked mine more than my teacher did.

Attachments

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
saba_saba - oh wow, congratulations! that's awesome =DD

nutcracker, that seems a bit strange that they bagged out your work however clearly in your assessment mark they loved it and you were doing well. congratulations on your final mark though. my hsc mark was 46, as 43/50 was my assessment mark. obviously someone liked mine more than my teacher did.
i will never understand the mystery that is ruse english teachers ><"
gahh, sucks about your assessment mark. i really hate it how they allowed schools to mark the draft this year,
it was much better with the old system of report/viva/proposal/etc
but congrats on the fabulous external!

Last edited:

InTheMood

HSC
Somehow, I got a 50! I could not believe it. It was 6am and I was half asleep and trembling from nerves and... BAM. 50. *is still excited* ^_______^
Congrats everyone on the amazing scores! But then again, a number can never really sum up the degree of effort/time/self/etc poured into this crazy, fabulous project. XDD
so I'm guessing that you came first in the state with that mark? :)

kiniki

HSC
congratulations saba! i got 50/50 externally and ended up with 49/50 :) quite happy. i'm just praying that i get a letter about showcase nominations!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^ Oh yeah, I hope I get one too. Though I don't think I'll get one. My work has three blank pages. They might not take too kindly to that =P

joshuarG

HSC
Well done everyone! I was very happy this morning with a 48! :D
Gotta love postmodern free verse poetry (Y)

saba_saba

HSC
so I'm guessing that you came first in the state with that mark? :)
Third in the state. I just found out about the rank at 5pm... I'm OVER THE MOON. I was hoping for 40+, but never expected this!
(Because more than one person gets 50, BOS ranks them according to their EE1 mark.)

Congrats, kiniki - I'm sure you'll get one. ^____^ *hopes for one too*

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I was really happy with ex2!

Got marked 46 in school, and I was honestly expecting to get like a 42 in externals, I hated/doubted it so much... No one has even read my final copy!
Ended up being marked 49 externally, so I got a 48 overall! YAY!

ashleejade09

HSC
I got 47! I was astounded. It was the only band 6/E4 result I recieved, and I'm glad it was Ext 2.
My story was about the complexities between various female relationships: friendship, relations and lovers.
It had a 52 year old lesbian protaganist who has an elderly devoted catholic of a mother who hasn't spoken to her in 30 years for obvious reasons.
I loved my story. I loved the Extension 2 course. It's beautiful.

123 B A N G

HSC
I had a hysterical fit of laughter when I saw my result. The complete and utter fail surprised me. 21/50. Yep. I'm appealing and all my teachers/principal are too. I actually won the award for best major project in my school so... I mean I expected something around the low 40s. Maybe the prose poetry had them tittering. I mean it's not that out there jeez. Oh well didn't count anyway, slash it was always my side subject I never actually did.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
21/50? Woah... that's... I don't know what to say.

How many other major projects were there at the school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)