Share your fave snippets/quotes (from books, poetry, etc) (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
"Heroes didn't leap tall buildings, or stop bullets with an outstretched hand; they didn't wear boots & capes.
They bled and they bruised, and their superpowers were as simple as listening, or loving.
Heroes were ordinary people who knew that even if their own lives were impossibly knotted, they could untangle someone else's.
And maybe that one act could lead someone to rescue you right back."

malgod

HSC
N/A
"Heaven knows we need never be shamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlaying our hard hearts "

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I can recall certain moments, let us all them icebergs in paradise, when after having had my fill of her - after fabulous, insane exertions that left me limp and azure barred - I would gather her in my arms, with, at last, a mute moan of human tenderness (her skin glistening in the neon light coming from the paved court through the slits in the blind, her soot black lashes matted, her grave gray eyes more vacant than ever - for all the world a little patient still in the confusion of a drug after a major operation) - and tenderness would deepen to shame and despair, and I would lull and rock my lone light Lolita in my marble arms, and moan in her warm hair and caress her at random and mutely ask her blessing, and at the peak of this human agonized selfless tenderness (with my soul actually hanging around her naked body and ready to repent), all at once, ironically, horribly, lust would swell again - and "Oh, no" Lolita would say with a sigh to heaven, and the next moment the tenderness and the azure - all would be shattered.

Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov

Carmen909

HSC
"Beauty is a Savage Garden" - The Vampire Lestat

"Emily isn't lazy...she's just happy doing nothing." - Emily the Strange

noisymyna

HSC
Mune is a poem by Richard Brautigan. Its called Love Poem

It's so nice
to wake up in the morning
all alone
and not have to tell somebody
you love them
when you don't love them
any more.

:)

Nice and cheery

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
"Im going to personally rip your fucking head off and piss down your fucking throat."

Epic lols from one of Matthew Riellys novels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)