Sharing? (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
What does everyone think about about handing notes to peers-even assessment tasks that u went well in- does it disadvantage you if ur going well or at all?

Do people hand over notes to their peers out of pure kindness or is there a possibilty that it might 'bring u down in anyway' or up for that matter...

a question that has plauged...my friend...for 2 or so years..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
well at my school and with my circle of friends we usually get on the internet and do our assessments together, asking questions with things we get stuck on and things like that.. but when we get our results back and they are good we usually dont ask to see the persons work.. There are plenty of people im sure who would share their assessments and things like that but i dont feel right looking at my friends work trying to steal their ideas and interpretations (especially in english) because they are not my own. It sounds stupid to other people i know but to me it makes sense :)

Pace_T

HSC
I share my notes and I'm willing to give my assignments to my friends to help them, but I usually warn them about copying straight off it.
To me it doesn't really matter if it 'brings me down'. The deciding factor that determines who gets my work is a) if they are my friend and b) if they deserve it.
Like for instance, I don't give any help to a few friends that don't care about school, they just want to save their asses with the upcoming assignment, or something like that.
But I will always give my assignments or whatever to trustworthy (won't copy, and put in their own effort) friends who I know will benefit them.
That said, I don't expect anyone to show me their work, but I would always appreciate their offer by accepting :D

Lennie

Im always very careful.

I have many people in my classes who would stomp all over you if you gave them the chance.

But utimately it depends on whos asking.... If I trust them, or they have done something for me before, I would.

HSC
you should see this guy in my physics class, extremely paranoid. we had an assessment task and during the period our teacher was sick he failed to disclose any of his notes to anyone. maybe it was because i beat him in the 1/2 yearly?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I chat with anyone who asks about an assesment task or topic they're having trouble with or anything. But when it comes down to serious collaboration, like notes and assgnment sharing I'll only do it with people who I feel have done the same amount of work as me and thus will be of mutual benifit. You don't want to give too much to a smart lazy friend or else they'll probably end up doing better than you.

Having said all this, there is no need to be paranoid about sharing ideas in class and all the rest.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
Generally, I've never given any actual written material to my friends, but verbally we do tend to talk alot about ideas, especially in humanities-type subjects. However, during the assesment period I personally don't consider it worthwhile to help your competition along, especially when the top few ranks are like a bottleneck and are very highly contested, sometimes only half-marks separating each other. However, I have a couple of friends that I know won't beat me, but still work hard at it, that I always try to help out verbally with ideas and essay writing.
But having said that, there was a time when I was discussing ideas with a friend of mine about one of my major works, and the next lesson she went right along and stole my idea for the project. Ofcourse, there was a big uproar amongst my friends about it, so she ended up changing, but my point is you never know about some people.
Once you have you rankg and when it comes to the time of HSC exams, your results and UAI hinge on the performance of both you class and you within it individually, so as a class we have to do everything to do really really well, however, you personally just have to do that little bit better also. I guess this is the right time when you should share notes, ideas, study together, etc.

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
you should see this guy in my physics class, extremely paranoid.
There are always those people that spoil the 'fun' of going through such a rough time with 'friends' i guess.

I noticed recently with some of my close friends, there is immense competition, especially when it comes to pre-prep assessments and there is no leeway for discussion let along sharing notes.

Personally I have no problem with it, I totally understand the whole trust thing, but thats not even the case in some instances, HSC competition has dented many a friendship of people I know...quite sad really.

I have a great study buddy (bwhahahaa mahuligan is a chocolate train ;)), theres no point excelling when you leave your friends or even classmates behind (remember ranks are everything!). If you become a stinge...trust me...you will become bitter and..umm..'black-hearted'..it's not too late..send me all your notes NOW lol...jk

mahuligan

HSC
haha reeaaal subtle u stinky chocolate train eater. id laugh if she reads this :p

btw to anyone one who is curious..a chocolate train is not actually chocolate..its what comes out of your tush

the lass above me seems to have an obsession with them:p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)