• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Shark attack in WA (3 Viewers)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Shark victim's name released
16:49 AEST Sun Jul 11 2004

Police have released the name of a 29-year-old surfer killed by a shark in an attack at a surfing beach near Margaret River.

He was Bradley Adrian Smith, of Shoalwater, 41km south of Perth.

Mr Smith died at the scene from extensive injuries and blood loss following the attack at Left Handers beach near Gracetown on Saturday, police spokesman Peter Reeves said.

A post-mortem examination would be carried out on Tuesday to determine the exact cause of death.

Mr Smith was at the surfing spot with friends before he was attacked by the shark, believed to be a great white.

Authorities are still hunting the shark.

Personally, i love sharks and i don't see why the shark has to die, considering that everytime we enter the water, we are invading its home. What do u guys think??

Rorix

HSC
You are invading my home on land.

So I'm going to attack you.

Hey, why are you fighting back? You're invading my home!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
It's quite scary. But I'm still more afraid of snakes and spiders compared to sharks.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
They actually think it was both a Bronze Whaler and a Great White.

It's stupid hunting the shark btw, it isn't going to achieve anything, the surfer is still dead.

G

Gavvvvvin

I dont think they should hunt the shark. The surfer took the risk of entering the sharks habitat, and faced the consequences of doing so.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
neo_o said:
They actually think it was both a Bronze Whaler and a Great White.

It's stupid hunting the shark btw, it isn't going to achieve anything, the surfer is still dead.
The surfer's family said they don't want the shark to be killed. I hope they get their wish.

Rorix

HSC
Guys, you are invading my thread. :mad:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
because when my friend comes back from Lebanon, I plan to be nice.

It's all part of a big plan.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I want to know how he actually was killed if they managed to drag him onto the beach. Was it like that movie....err...lake Placid?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
after going 45 seconds being attacked by two sharks i'd imagine he would have sustained some pretty full on injuries, he prolly died of blood loss or something.

it scares the shit out of me, cos the last few afternoons ive been surfing until dark, and in particular on sunday arvo i had cut my foot open and didnt even realise. dusk is the most likely time of day to be attacked by a shark, especially when you're surfing by yourself and have claret pissing out of your foot. i couldnt think of a worse way to die then being mauled by an animal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)