• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Shark attack in WA (2 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Reckon! especially an imaginably painful one like that. There were still a few surfers the next day.

tattoodguy

i recon u should leave the shark alone, its a shame it killed a surfer though :(
id much prefer a shark to kill a spear fisherman etc.

But yeah its not the sharks fault. If a shark killed me i wouldnt want it to die. :)

Igor

HSC
N/A
some species of sharks are protected (as most of you probly know), but bronze whalers are aggressive, and so are bull sharks. not nice to tangle with so I'm told.
It's unusual to find two different species attacking someone, or anything really. Bronze whalers are a fair bit smaller that Whites, so it'd be interesting (but morbid) to see if they can work out which shark began the attack.

tips for surfers/boarders/goatboaters- if there are a lot of birds diving into the water, focusing on a particular area there is an increased likely hood of sharks. birds congrgate where the fish are, and so do sharks. don't go into the water if the birds are diving close to the beach. if you get between a school of fish and a shark you are food. badness.

for people who go to stockton beach (yay Newie!!) there are Bull sharks there all the time, generally off the beach a fair bit, they stay near the mouth of the harbour, but when the pelicans come close to the beach to feed stay away. well away.

Igor

HSC
N/A
further point- I agree with everyone else here. the onus is on us not to get attacked.

cayte

I heard on the tele just after it happened that there was a concern that the shark may have been teaching other younger sharks to be "man-eaters".

I mean honestly!! What next? Sounds like a trailer for a bad film. Destroy the leeeader... you need to weeeaken their powers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)