Shattered Brogden's suicide bid (2 Viewers)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Carr: ""The world accepts that all of us make mistakes and he's got a big future as a politician, a member of this community and as a father of his son Flinders."

He doesn't have much of a political career now, and he won't for years to come. For a career politician, that is a real tragedy, since for people like him, his self worth is inherantly tied to his status within politics.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
oh my god...
I wonder what the poor thing's going to do now? I mean he treid to kill himself, doesn't sound like he has much of a future in anything right now.

bex

HSC
Im currently working on the WSFM breakfast show and i can truthfully say that the newspapers we recieved at 4am were completely different to the morning papers that went on sale.

The Daily Telegraph have gone too far. They published yet another story that brought up new ALLEGATIONS then backed it up with a photo of him at a swimsuit contest in his electorate that he was asked to judge which was in the first place completely irrelevant. This article has since been pulled from print and from the newspaper's website.

He admitted what he said was wrong. He apologised to Helena Carr and stepped down. 3 years ago this sort of thing would not have rippled the water, (look at Bill Clinton) but as Australia becomes a nation of Purists, ready to condemn to hell the next person who puts a foot out of line, a couple of ALLEGED incidents have lead to the suicide and destruction of a man, his family and his career.

The media has gone too far...Leave the poor man alone!

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Sweets said:
Poor John, he really can't do anything right. He couldn't even kill himself properly.
LOL!

I tend to think if people want to kill themself, they do it... there's no half-assed attempts IMO.. half-assed attempts are generally pleas for attention/help or something.

K

katie_tully

You twat. Any member of this forum will vouch for the fact that I am a Liberal supporter. Just because I am a Liberal supporter does not mean I cannot criticise Liberal leaders. Shoot yourself in a foot, it'd be less painful than being an idiot.

Isn't Austria enough for you?!
Is anything ever enough?

rcandelori

Whether Brogden made a repeated dick of himself is beside the point. The fact remains is that he had the best opportunity of all liberal candidates to defeat labor. I mean who the fuck knows who Barry O'Farrel and Peter Debnam are?

jennylim

HSC
hmm suicide seems a little melodramatic. is the brogden media saga any worse than latham? hardly. bet he's milking public sympathy. sure, poor guy and all that, but you'd think a pollie would be able to deal with all this and more!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You fool. Katie is the reincarnation of thatcher.

xxEmoHitlerxx said:
i relate so much to brogden right now... we need a man like him in politics hopefully his next move will be to buy some cool glasses and start delivering policy through poem
This could be good for Brogden, with the seemingly endless numbers of goths and emo's these days it's bound to push up his popularity from 12% to something like 80%.

Last edited:

rcandelori

Not-That-Bright said:
You fool. Katie is the reincarnation of thatcher.
And what's wrong with Thatcher might I ask. The liberal party are the only party capable of governing this country. Labor are irrelevant in state and federal politics and in 2007, they will no longer have NSW.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Dammit all thess n00bs are getting annoying. Where's the thread with the slider that says whether the member is left wing or right wing, support Labor or support Liberal. These n00bs need a good whacking.

rcandelori

transcendent said:
Dammit all thess n00bs are getting annoying. Where's the thread with the slider that says whether the member is left wing or right wing, support Labor or support Liberal. These n00bs need a good whacking.
The only reason why you seem to dislike these so called "noobs" is because they ostensibly surpass your level of intelligence.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
He didn't attempt suicide. If he wanted to die he could have easily killed himself. Inflicting minor stab wounds to ones self I don't consider as an attempt on ones life, I consider it an attention seeking stunt - he knows he is disgraced, I think he is counting on public sympathy now.

that i was tihnking

transcendent

HSC
N/A
rcandelori said:
The only reason why you seem to dislike these so called "noobs" is because they ostensibly surpass your level of intelligence.
OMG I'm so fucking cut moron. Where's the political compass thread?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Maybe he just likes the power suits? I've noticed some fans are of the private boy's school type who need to be dominated. I relate to this in the sense than power is sexy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)