shitty jobs that pay well? need some quick cash please help me (1 Viewer)

HSC
hi there
have run myself into some credit card debt and dont really want to have to ask my parents to bail me out, would rather do it myself
uni just finished for me the other day and dont have anything starting again until march so i figured its a good opportunity to perhaps do some work for some good money?
and i know a few people will probably say 'prostitution' or 'deal drugs', but while all of those are very valid haha, im looking for legit ideas for ways to make some dough

i heard fruit picking pays well? does anyone have any experiences or stories?
also heard of people going and working at mine sites or something and earning heaps in short periods of time, without actually going down into mines themselves (which doesnt make much sense to me)
basicalyl im from sydney so if there are any jobs around here that pay really well but are kind of shitty they would be my preference, but if anyone knows of any different sortts of opportunities where some quick cash can be made (fruit picking, etc), if you could let me know it would be fantastic
thanks heaps in advance hope everyone has a great weekend

roger

lovethehsc

HSC
N/A
Hahaha you are the guy from the photo thread?

Try a photo agency :p

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Prostitution is a legitimate business, it's totally legal in NSW. Old fags will eagerly pay $100+ an hour for your sweet untapped ass.
Drugs on the other hand are hard work. The industry requires excellent networking and business skills, high investment of capital to make a worthy return, and the obvious risks.

Fruit picking pays like shit, you heard wrong. The mining industry does not need unskilled workers, and you don't live near a mine.

If you want easy money- labouring, factory work. You get paid more because it cripples your body. I spent 2 hours in a warehouse 2 days ago and I still can't bend my spine for the ache. Totally worth it though.

There are good oportunities to make money in telemarketing if you have the right personality for it.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Garbage cleaners get paid surprisingly well.
Or you could be a Post Production Assistant, burning DVDs and other miscellaneous tasks and getting $35/h for it :p

morganforrest

HSC
Builder's Labourers get paid quite well and the tradies are screaming for spare hands in the days leading up to Xmas and in the new year. I'm getting 100-150 (200 sometimes) dollars a day depending on how hard a day it is. It's tiring but not too tough. It kinda restricts ur social life though as you are usually up around 5:30-6 each morning. Weekends off though :)

Providence.

Banned
HSC
N/A
I mix business with pleasure when I sit in my Providence laying waste to people who get in my way. No not really. Undertakers earn a lot apparently.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeh, labouring is good most pay $15-18p/h cash, if u get hurt it's your own fault and ur screwed though. Unless you have a green card/ohs card and workcover or something.

Theres quite a few telemarketing jobs on www.seek.com.au paying around $20p/h.

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
You could try centrelink - maybe?

Seriously though, you could try being a tutor (if u got a decent UAI). Just try those really big places which will accept anyone. Or like try delivering catalogues and newspapers or something like that.

Evilo

HSC
Graney said:
Prostitution is a legitimate business, it's totally legal in NSW. Old fags will eagerly pay $100+ an hour for your sweet untapped ass.
Well partly true, its legal provided you're not looking for clients on the streets etc. I'm not sure if you need a prostitute liscence either?

i wouldn't say labouring is easy money - the risks associated with injury are far too high, and usually pay can be based on how much work you do, not on time - so there is that incentive to work faster risking injury. Example - the company that delivers us beer, the drivers are paid per "case delivered". So if they can save 45 minutes over a day by throwing boxes instead of passing them, then they are able to do another job.

Graney is right about Telemarketing and personality. Hospitality industry is good. Also working at government buildings should pay fairly well. I think of my university - the lowest pay grade is 22.50/hr.

kony

HSC
busking.

that requires you to learn a musical instrument, but you could always just sing.

Evilo

HSC
begging - piss on yourself then go ask for money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)