Shocking Trial Results (1 Viewer)

RedStz

True Scorpian
my class does have some math freaks, as in 24/7 doing math, and previous assessments they are people who got 99% and stuff, but this time ....THE WHOLE CLASS IN MY SCHOOL STUFFED UP BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to my teacher who has nearly finished with the marking (it tooks such a long time as he was trying to figure out what we wrote, so can give us some marks) the highest in my class is probably only 56/120???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
Errrr considering i did bad in other assessments and performed even worse under exam condition, that mark is not even going to be me!!!!

So what does that mean? saying good bye to aiming for 95+ UAI????? *CRIES* Does 4u math ever scaled you down????

Another thing, are teachers allowed to just GIVE marks to students? E.g. *cough* *cough* St George chick's, their teacher is literally giving them 10 extra marks each, so it can look good on their report.....LEGAL??? if it is, i hope my teacher can give everyone 40 MARKS EACH lol

Shockingly, everyone stuffed up 3u as well, with the highest of 69%.....I think my school is seriously stuffed and me too!

stag_j

dats funny. my software development + design teacher did that exact thing to my class today. our whole class scored between 70 and 85. she said that since it was a hard test she would just add 10 points to all our marks.
when we said that was a stupid idea she said that it was good because since we had higher marks, we would get better UAIs. we tried to explain ranking to her but she refused to listen. she has no f**king idea whats going on.
btw, to give you some indication, this is the woman who told us at the start of the year that software scales better than 4u math...go figure

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Is that CSSA?

don't worry, the highest in my class is only 56%, although some other school have cough*freaks*cough who gets 75%++

anyways just look forward to the HSC and dont be discouraged :)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I wonder what the highest mark for the cssa 4u maths exam was? Would anyone get over 100 in that?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you all performed poorly, you'll either:
a) try and work so hard, you'll do well in the actual exam, and your Assessment marks will be moderated well; or
b) you give up, and your marks are just poor.

On another note, it's about the ranks and not the marks. As long as after mark addin' the ranks are the same, it's all the same. I mean a school with 10 students can be given marks {91,92, ..., 100} whereas another school with 10 students can be given marks of {51. 52, ..., 60} in their trials; and in the Exam, they both get the marks {81, 82, ..., 90} then their internal marks are all moderated to the 81-90 range. So don't worry, unless you're trial was easy and your whole group isn't going to do well.

:)

RedStz

True Scorpian
lets hope i DO study hard *sigh* but thanks for everyone's comment :)
well its the CSSA paper for both 4u and 3u, so dont know how to define "easy" or hard"

errr dont know anyone getting over 100 for CSSA paper, but even if they do, there must be slight alteration to the paper as some topics are not yet taught(WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CHANGED>.<)

Er i know somehow who got 100% in 3u and 100/120 in his 4u paper
North Syd Boy's, a freak with a rank of top 1 or 2 in 4u >< *SOOO jealous*, but it's not CSSA paper, their teacher are setting it.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RedStz

North Syd Boy's, a freak with a rank of top 1 or 2 in 4u >< *SOOO jealous*, but it's not CSSA paper, their teacher are setting it.
People get 120/120 raw in the hsc exam according to statistics :)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I guess so :), and the private schools and selective schools don't do the CSSA paper either, oh the pain... :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
our 3unit was more painful than cssa 3unit

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
well you can all sleep well cause my 4 unit trial result was piss-poor - yes even worse than 56/120 .... [shakes head in disgust]

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Jumbo Cactuar
well you can all sleep well cause my 4 unit trial result was piss-poor - yes even worse than 56/120 .... [shakes head in disgust]
i agreeee.. bloody even after scaling it was poor as shit too.... bloody hell i'm so pissed off about my rank for ext 2 maths.... but the poeple that at doing ext 2 maths.. like 80% of them are accelerant students doing it again... bleah~ i'm so dissapointed :(

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
i havnt studied all year and i got 57% but there are ppl getting 90% at my school, if the trials was way easierthat would mean in the real hsc im totally screwed, :( ahhhim so dead

RedStz

True Scorpian
did i mention the highest in my school for 4u trial (CSSA paper) is 48%??? and what's even worse....i got a mark wayyyy below that *CRIES*

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
We did the CSSA Trial and our highest was 71%, our average was about 50%, and yes I scored below average.

is a roflcopter
HSC
hmm
my 4unit was fuxed

77/120

my class median was 88?

how crapoo oh well

RedStz

True Scorpian
lol dont remind me of that!!!!!!!!!!
but yeah i got something very very very close to you
o well....sinking on the same boat

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
hey when u all reply with ur marks, can u note with they are scaled or not.... makes it easier with the pain lol :D

i got 50/120 in the independant and the other person got 51%....
not happy jan
we only got 2 ppl oin the class and thats our raw marks, i dont think my teacher is really gonna give us a high scaled mark

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by RedStz
North Syd Boy's, a freak with a rank of top 1 or 2 in 4u >< *SOOO jealous*,
whats his name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)