Short Answer (1 Viewer)

JosephW

HSC
How did everyone find short answer? I didnt find any of them that hard.

Was the cheese question, you had to use cosine rule to get how wide the box is?

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
Ayup I used cosine rule.

I have to say the last simmo question got me. Also I kinda didn't go over home loan repayments so I lost out on that one )=

Not too difficult otherwise.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
JosephW said:
How did everyone find short answer? I didnt find any of them that hard.

Was the cheese question, you had to use cosine rule to get how wide the box is?
I did; fuck 27 and 28 were hard

JosephW

HSC
The loan repayents, all u needed to do was the present value formula, and use algebra to get the M contributions. And the second question of it, u need to add the 250 to the other contribution and make it 20 terms instead of 30. In the end, she was short by a few thousand

lind27

HSC
Wat a fucken stupid test barely any algebra or trig and i swear there was more than 30% yr 11 stuff, which sucks coz i didn't do any yr 11 general. Shouldn't have dropped 2 unit

davohan123

HSC
lind27 said:
Wat a fucken stupid test barely any algebra or trig and i swear there was more than 30% yr 11 stuff, which sucks coz i didn't do any yr 11 general. Shouldn't have dropped 2 unit

hey lins didnt like the test hey

samjohnno91

HSC
wasnt the cheese question arc length formula, and then you times your answer by four to get the amount going across?

JosephW

HSC
samjohnno91 said:
wasnt the cheese question arc length formula, and then you times your answer by four to get the amount going across?
No cause that will give a greater length. U had to use cosine to get a straight length.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
samjohnno91 said:
Not really. The arc length will be longer than required because it includes the curve. You needed to use cosine to actually work out how wide it was.

The diagram underneath that bit was a damn good hint.

"UserNamE"

HSC
JosephW said:
No cause that will give a greater length. U had to use cosine to get a straight length.
i put a line down he middle of the triangle to spilt it up into 2 right angle trianges, then used sin20 = x/15 , n doubled that answer.

would that work?

samjohnno91

HSC
im a bit confused, looking at the diagram, it shows the cheese with the curve at the bottom being taken into account and that each ends of the cheeses touch the side of the box. All cheese blocks at their respective ends just touch, so still dont see why arc length wouldnt work.

and then to find the 3 going across i just did 7x3

samjohnno91

HSC
yea, but it says packed into a rectangular box with the arches at the start. it is only until the second question that they cut the ends off for straight line to calculate the remaining voludem taken up by the 12 slices.

daveyvc

HSC
arc length to get the length, i just assumed length of side things would be the same if its a cylinder.. so radius was still 15. meh. we will see.

Cerry

HSC
The arc length isn't actually the width - the width of the cheese is the same as the base when the arc is cut off.
The only way I can think off to demonstrate is make up a model using string, with a seperate piece for each side. Then straighten out the arc, and you'll see that it's longer than the bottom of the triangle that the other two bits of string make.

JosephW

HSC
samjohnno91 said:
im a bit confused, looking at the diagram, it shows the cheese with the curve at the bottom being taken into account and that each ends of the cheeses touch the side of the box. All cheese blocks at their respective ends just touch, so still dont see why arc length wouldnt work.

and then to find the 3 going across i just did 7x3
I can either go around a football field to point A or go straight through it. Is it the same distance walked?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)