• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Shortlisted for Young Writers Showcase (2 Viewers)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Katie's work *is* on BoS. It is in Jhakka's main showcase sticky.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
how come people who do music already know whether they're in Encore (music equivalent of Showcase i guess) and we have to wait so long.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Maybe more people do EE2. Either that or it takes longer to read and mark a 6000 word story than a however long composition. *shrugs*

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think its because EE2 is the entirety of the course and we're not eligible for the mark till we sit EE1 & Advanced I suppose, basically if you freak out and drop on the day of EE1(as is your right) they can't just unaward that 50/50 mark(ie Showcase eligibility) can they?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I love your work Katie (lol, delayed reaction), once I found out which one was yours. I still can't understand Charles', bloody hell it's complicated. :(
but that's probably because I'm dumb

question: do you have to get 50 internally as well as externally to be in the showcase?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
I love your work Katie (lol, delayed reaction), once I found out which one was yours. I still can't understand Charles', bloody hell it's complicated. :(
but that's probably because I'm dumb

question: do you have to get 50 internally as well as externally to be in the showcase?
Nope - I just think you have to have a "perfect" major work, but obviously the top of the state is going to be included and s/he need perfect internals.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Airness said:
how come people who do music already know whether they're in Encore (music equivalent of Showcase i guess) and we have to wait so long.
James, if you don't get in the showcase, i will go to the Board and protest like some crazy person!

I was going to give a detailed response to your MW, but that thread seems sort of sort of redundant now.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
James, if you don't get in the showcase, i will go to the Board and protest like some crazy person!

I was going to give a detailed response to your MW, but that thread seems sort of sort of redundant now.
Aww, you should still post it up Sweets, most of the other 05 EE2ers still hang around BoS, and I'm sure they'd value input. Myself, I am planning to put up a combined review of every single work in that thread(when I'm not busy) - it'll also give a perspective for the 06ers to look at as regards to what works and what doesn't.:)

Last edited:

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Good luck, Kami. You're going to need a lot of spare time. I'll probabaly stick to reviewing all the poetry majors cos they're the only ones i could critique properly. Anyway, best of luck to ee2 of '06.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
666_blessings said:
Good luck, Kami. You're going to need a lot of spare time. I'll probabaly stick to reviewing all the poetry majors cos they're the only ones i could critique properly. Anyway, best of luck to ee2 of '06.
lol, have you forgotten the like 5 month break thats coming up?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Sweets said:

Oh man is it going to be like one of those Anti-Globalisation/Anti-G8 protests with placards, chairthrowing and everything? :D I almost wish I don't get into showcase just to see you lapse into craziness. Mr Howard might overreact and treat it as a terrorist threat and have you incarcerated of course. In which case i'll go and protest like some crazy person at the Lodge until you're released. :p

Girl, i'd love to hear your detailed response. Throw it at me when you have time. I think it's only redundant now because well...it's the HSC in 2 weeks and everyoen's either studying or procrastinating but not posting reviews because that would be too clear a concession that they're procrastinating. It's like...obvlivious procrastination if you will.

And i like your idea Kami. I'll do the same :p Everyone's going overseas after holidays. I'll do nothign but make money, play ball, and read EE2. ahhhhh. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Airness said:
Oh man is it going to be like one of those Anti-Globalisation/Anti-G8 protests with placards, chairthrowing and everything? :D I almost wish I don't get into showcase just to see you lapse into craziness. Mr Howard might overreact and treat it as a terrorist threat and have you incarcerated of course. In which case i'll go and protest like some crazy person at the Lodge until you're released. :p
does this mean you'll protest *at* the lodge in an insane manner or does it mean you'll protest anywhere with the insane behaviour of a lodge member?:p

Airness said:
And i like your idea Kami. I'll do the same :p Everyone's going overseas after holidays. I'll do nothign but make money, play ball, and read EE2. ahhhhh. :)
We can be like the EE2 demi-gods for a while.:D

Last edited:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
i feel powerful already. Hmmm you can be Zeus and i'll be Ares. That poor smithy dude, his wife sure is desperate but very hot.

robo3687

Tired
HSC
i just got off the phone with the BOS and they asked for my permission to include my work in the 2006 showcase.....

huzzah....

of course i said yes....lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)