Should I do 4 unit english? (1 Viewer)

jazzbaby

HSC
So i was thinking i should take it up next year.
but im not sure >.<

I absolutely love english and it is one of my top subjects . if anyone could advise me on how to decide i would be grateful.

Here are my ranks for english if they help:
advanced english -5/68
ext english - 8/21

bored of sc

HSC
YES! You have good ranks but more importantly YOU LIKE THE SUBJECT!

Gerald10

HSC
I will tell you now that it is time consuming if you want to do well. You have to have a very good work ethic if you want to keep up with all your other subjects and stay on top of ext 2 as well.

Personally I've struggled this year to keep up with my other subjects as a result having only ext 1 english, advanced english, economics, legal and ext 2 maths.

It depends how passionate you are about your major work really. If you are, you should do it and you will be rewarded with good marks hopefully.

In hindsight I've put too much pressure on myself for this time of year but I've really enjoyed doing my major work so I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Jazz, what other subjects are you doing? If it adds to anything over 12 Units, then you really shouldn't be doing it.

jazzbaby

HSC
next year i will definitely be doing :
[3 U English]
[2 U Math]
[Legal Studies]
[Business Studies]
[Information Processes and Technology]

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, I'm not really sure now. I think it's best if you ask your English teachers.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Gerald10 said:
I will tell you now that it is time consuming if you want to do well. You have to have a very good work ethic if you want to keep up with all your other subjects and stay on top of ext 2 as well.

Personally I've struggled this year to keep up with my other subjects as a result having only ext 1 english, advanced english, economics, legal and ext 2 maths.

It depends how passionate you are about your major work really. If you are, you should do it and you will be rewarded with good marks hopefully.

In hindsight I've put too much pressure on myself for this time of year but I've really enjoyed doing my major work so I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Those are pretty time consuming subjects though, because of the amount of content that you have to learn/memorise. :read:

nikitadhami

HSC
u love english

ur in the top half of ur extension class, so it seems ur good at it

and it scales really really well in the hsc

excactly why were u asking again?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I'd say go for it.

After all, it's that kind of passion that ultimately yields results.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
jazzbaby said:
So i was thinking i should take it up next year.
but im not sure >.<

I absolutely love english and it is one of my top subjects . if anyone could advise me on how to decide i would be grateful.

Here are my ranks for english if they help:
advanced english -5/68
ext english - 8/21
If you love the subject, and have good ranks and results in them, I see no reason to suggest why you should not be considering picking up Extension 2 English.

jazzbaby

HSC
thanks for the help everyone.
i will ask my english teacher just to make sure :)

locked.on

HSC
In my opinion, I suggest that you pick up as many units as you possibly can at the beginning of Year 12 and gradually drop off the ones you don't like or don't do well in.

So, yes, pick up that Extension 2 English and then consider dropping it afterwards.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
absolutely, even if you're fucking pathetic at it.

CHEAT THAT SHIT AS HARD AS YOU CAN!!!!!- TUTORS, UNI STUDENTS, ENG TEACHERS OMG FREE MARKS @_@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)