• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

Should I do 4U maths? (1 Viewer)

Epeec

HSC
Im just asking for other people's opinion since im sure i wasnt the only one to question myself. I just had my exams and got 100 in 2u (1st) and 60 in my 3u (3rd [first was 65, 2 marks ahead]). I did poorly not because the test was hard, but because I simply panicked and did numerous silly mistakes. Nonetheless, I will bash my head against the wall, but I want to top extension overall at the end of the year. My question is should I do ex2. I really want to. It looks really fun and I absolutely love maths. Some kids say it's very hard and if you dont get 100 in e1 u shouldnt do it.

maths314

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you definitely could start off with it and see how you go - you can always drop it if you aren't doing well! As for your last sentence, it is not at all necessary to get 100 in ext1, I know a lot of people who got very high marks in 4u and didn't do as well in 3u. Plus, 4u helps a lot with 3u, so you will improve on that front.

pikachu975

I love trials
HSC
Im just asking for other people's opinion since im sure i wasnt the only one to question myself. I just had my exams and got 100 in 2u (1st) and 60 in my 3u (3rd [first was 65, 2 marks ahead]). I did poorly not because the test was hard, but because I simply panicked and did numerous silly mistakes. Nonetheless, I will bash my head against the wall, but I want to top extension overall at the end of the year. My question is should I do ex2. I really want to. It looks really fun and I absolutely love maths. Some kids say it's very hard and if you dont get 100 in e1 u shouldnt do it.
Yeah do it it's really fun and makes 3u a breeze. Also it actually has some challenging questions which makes maths fun to do (unlike 3u aka rote learn)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Stop agonizing over it and just do it! And start working on your 4U now; don't wait for term 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)