Should I do a biology unit to prepare myself for molecular biology? (first year sci.) (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Never did biology in high school.
Molecular biology and genetics (MBLG1001) has no prerequisite but has assumed knowledge of junior biology.

I don't want to waste my time doing a biology unit in first semester if I don't need it. Was thinking of doing some self learning in the winter break instead.

I mean the HSC course of physics or chemistry can easily be learnt in three weeks. (well i always liked science as a kid and concepts simple to me). So surely I can learn the essential biology concepts required for MBLG1001 without having to do the junior biology unit, right?

Andrew759

HSC
Re: Should I do a biology unit to prepare myself for molecular biology? (first year s

You could do BIOL1001 which overlaps slightly with MBLG1001, AFAIK.
Ive heard BIOL1001 is much like a rehash of HSC biology.

CaseyM

HSC
Re: Should I do a biology unit to prepare myself for molecular biology? (first year s

Definitely. MBLG is a really dense topic to understand, especially if you have no previous study of Bio. BIOL1001 has a bit of an overlap so it will allow you a better shot but BIOL1003 will provide you a decent foundation as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)