should i drop 3U maths? (1 Viewer)

studyhappy

HSC
have been doing well throughout the year (top 20/120) but have dropped dramatically in the last task to around average and have not done homework or a single past paper.

i'm pretty sure it won't count because i'm doing a lot better in my other subjects (and i enjoy them a lot more) but it will mean i will be on 10 units and not 11 units.

should i drop it?

Makematics

HSC
nah dont drop. you never know what will happen with your other subjects

theonly1

HSC
what i will suggest is keep 3U math and see what happens. If you are really concerned about other subjects and want to drop it then just dont really put as much time into it and just sit the paper. see what happens.

Makematics

HSC
actually what topics havent you done homework for? if youve skipped topics like projectile, shm, perms and combs, binomial, then youre in the shit because those are always tested i think

studyhappy

HSC
actually what topics havent you done homework for? if youve skipped topics like projectile, shm, perms and combs, binomial, then youre in the shit because those are always tested i think
ive done perms and combs and binomials and projectives at tutor but never really paid attention or did the homework
school wise, we still have a lot of 3U to get through

Makematics

HSC
ive done perms and combs and binomials and projectives at tutor but never really paid attention or did the homework
school wise, we still have a lot of 3U to get through
well i reckon just keep it. if you have some spare time, just do a bit of 3u every now and then.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
At this point, I'd keep it because you've done probs most of the course, besides it will only help to strengthen your 2 unit, plus if you put more effort in from now, EX1 has good scaling so may surprise you and count as unit over one of your other subjects.

It'd be a shame because you have the potential to do very well in it if you were top 20 earlier in the year, you put in a good performance in the HSC in it with its favourable scaling and you may surprise yourself.

studyhappy

HSC
At this point, I'd keep it because you've done probs most of the course, besides it will only help to strengthen your 2 unit, plus if you put more effort in from now, EX1 has good scaling so may surprise you and count as unit over one of your other subjects.

It'd be a shame because you have the potential to do very well in it if you were top 20 earlier in the year, you put in a good performance in the HSC in it with its favourable scaling and you may surprise yourself.
do you think 3U will be used if i am top 5 in all my other subjects (they are low scaling e.g. biology, ancient history but my school does relatively well in them)

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
What other subjects do you do? what's your school rank?

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I think you have a decision to make: are you going to put in the effort to treat 3U like your other subjects, or are you going to neglect it? If you're willing to put in the work, then keep it - if you work at it, it's really rewarding (in terms of scaling). But if you're going to neglect it and not spend as much time on it like your other subjects, then it's a waste of your time because you'll probably do better in your other subjects. But, your subjects don't scale too well, so personally I think you should keep it but try really hard to keep up to date, because if you do decently in 3U then you'll get a great mark (it scales amazingly). It's a great ATAR booster, especially if you're aiming for 99+.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
I think you have a decision to make: are you going to put in the effort to treat 3U like your other subjects, or are you going to neglect it? If you're willing to put in the work, then keep it - if you work at it, it's really rewarding (in terms of scaling). But if you're going to neglect it and not spend as much time on it like your other subjects, then it's a waste of your time because you'll probably do better in your other subjects. But, your subjects don't scale too well, so personally I think you should keep it but try really hard to keep up to date, because if you do decently in 3U then you'll get a great mark (it scales amazingly). It's a great ATAR booster, especially if you're aiming for 99+.
+1, seeing as your school is ranked 5, an average in maths is most likely going to still give you an e4

studyhappy

HSC
have decided to drop it because i'm not willing to put in the effort, i hope its close to the right choice! (slightly scared but it's just the HSC, not the end of the world)

thanks guys!

poortom

HSC
haha at least you put some thought into it, some guy at my school dropped 3 english cause he ceebs doing the assignment due the next day :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)