should i drop a class (1 Viewer)

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
It's my first year, im enrolled into four classes. i was thinking of dropping geos which i think is unrelated but at the end of my degree i won't end up with 240 UOC as required.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Yes, you still can re-enroll to something else, do it forthwith!

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
It says the census date is 31st march does that mean i have until that time to drop ? I heard lecturers say you can drop classes until the end of first or second week

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
It says the census date is 31st march does that mean i have until that time to drop ? I heard lecturers say you can drop classes until the end of first or second week
No, census date just means if you drop before that date you don't have to pay money. If you drop after census date you will have to pay for that course. There is another date where you can drop and still don't have to 'fail' which is usually after the census date.

In terms of dropping a course and picking up another one, you must do so within first 2 weeks, or less.

HSC
You have until March 4 to enrol into a course, and you have until census date to drop courses without having them put onto your HECS debt. I hope that makes sense :)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Also, I advise you to quickly speak to your tutor/tutor-in-charge/lecturer/lecturer-in-charge/first year adviser about dropping. I don't know what your circumstance is and how you end up picking up that course, but always drop a course with caution. You can still graduate with 240 units even if you drop too late if you are willing to do a course during summer semester (be warned they tend to be more intense and there are usually less choice)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)