Should I drop ext. 1 English? (1 Viewer)

whitnall8

HSC
At the moment, I will be finishing the HSC with 14 unit. I did physics last year and got 98/100, and am wondering whether it is worth continuing with extension 1 english when i am fairly certain it will not be in my best ten units, and it is probably wasting time which i could be spending studying for my other subjects.

Villa94

HSC
Well if youre sure you dont think it will be in your best ten units theres probably no point. But it depends on what other subjects your doing and your ATAR aim.

whitnall8

HSC
At the moment, my HSC will consist of:

Extension 1 Maths
Extension 2 Maths
Modern History
Physics (already completed)
History Extension
Earth and Environmental Science
English Advanced
Extension 1 English

And i am aiming for a 99+ ATAR

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
If it's your worst subject, then drop it and use the time to do better in your other courses. Congrats on the Physics result, that's awesome :)

happycupcake

HSC
At the moment, I will be finishing the HSC with 14 unit. I did physics last year and got 98/100, and am wondering whether it is worth continuing with extension 1 english when i am fairly certain it will not be in my best ten units, and it is probably wasting time which i could be spending studying for my other subjects.
Do you ENJOY Extension 1 English? If you love all your subjects and can't bear to drop anything, then don't. But it seems like you're doing really well in everything so there's really no point in 14 units - you'll just be unnecessarily overworking yourself.
:)

Jayson89

HSC
Depends on how much you enjoy EngX1, and also the amount of time you spend on it (because it consumes way heaps time compared to 1-unit worth, if you're not a spontaneous English writer).

If that is the case, then I suggest dropping it, especially since you already have heaps of units with a great Physics result. It'll reduce stress on you, and give you more time to spend on other subjects..

However, if it's something you don't have to spend that much time on relative to 1-unit worth, then by all means keep it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)