• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should I drop legal studies?! HELP! (1 Viewer)

hoofheartedgirl

HSC
So, I used to be pretty good in prelim legal (ranked 5/78). But since then, I've lost interest in the subject and I had my heart set on dropping it from the start of year 12, hence, I'm totally not prepared for my half yearlies which is tomorrow (cramming tonight). My rank will definitely drop.

Problem is, my mum thinks I give up too easily and she's betting that I will want to drop legal soon. I don't want to disappoint her but I'm really not concentrating in class cause I'm no longer interested. And I doubt I will be able to climb up in ranks later. I've only got half a year left and legal doesn't have a lot of assessments. Plus, I don't want to be ranked 58/58...

I don't know what to say to my mum or how I should even bring up the topic. Any ideas on how I should tell her I want to drop it? Besides "I'm not interested and I'm not concentrating".

enoilgam

HSC
Just tell her you don't like it and you don't think it will end up counting to your ATAR.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Legal is the best subject. I cannot wait for my 99 next Thursday. :p

Drop it, if you know it doesn't count and you do not hold a genuine interest in studying it.

yahyah123

HSC
Just tell her haha. There is no easy way. You already do 14 units (from the looks of your signature thing)- just say the workload is too much and drop to 12 units. It is no biggie.

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
keep it. its a subject you can easily get 90+ for

Annie

HSC
i am in the exact same boat my prelim exams are coming up and i absolutely hate legal studies it doesnt interest me anymore i dont do anything & have not started studying at all, i want to drop but school will not let me :( i am also ranked last 20/20 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)