should i get a recheck? (1 Viewer)

yeah

HSC
hey

i was thinking of applying 4 a recheck of my IT paper...cos all yr ive been getting 80s-90s in IT n came 1st in the course at my school.... n i was really xpecting alot better than 73... is it worth sending? is it likely 2 change?
and is it likely that i could end up losing marks when its rechecked??

thanks in advance

helper

HSC
N/A
You cannot lose marks.
It really depends on how your teacher was marking. Easy or difficult.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Do realise it's only to check for any addition errors, nobody actually remark the paper.

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I do IT too.. but unexpectedly, got a low HSC mark than my school. The IT paper this year is quite strange. I was contemplating if i should get my paper recheck or not. Has anyone got their paper recheck? Was it beneficial?

Idyll

HSC
it would be interesting to know how many people's marks actually change after they submit a recheck (but i don't think we'll ever know this, unless of course someone goes and works for the board).

i tend to think, if you got a mark significantly below what you were expecting, then at $12 it's probably worth having done just for the peace of mind.

out of interest, has anyone here had their mark change after submitting a recheck notice? or know of anybody whose mark has changed?

Jacks

HSC
my brother got a recheck a few years ago for english Extension 2 and they did give him a few extra marks, so it does happen. Though like I said in the other thread you posted about the same issue you can't lose marks so if you're really worried it doesn't hurt to get a recheck just so you know you gave it a go and don't regret not checking it. As long as you realise you may not get any more marks because your internal and external marks do not automatically have to be similar...but apply for a recheck if it's really bugging you...you won't be any worse off for it, only a couple of dollars. ;)

maxpower

same here with I.T, all year ive been getting in the 80's and my exam result was 72. im gettin a recheck.

Affinity

HSC
that doesn't matter.. the Judges who award the HSC grades give consideration to the difficulty of the paper when you give you HSC marks

timrie6

HSC
N/A
thats like my 96 assessment mark in 3U eng and 32 mark in the hsc.
perhaps i should recheck. is it too late

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Idyll said:
it would be interesting to know how many people's marks actually change after they submit a recheck (but i don't think we'll ever know this, unless of course someone goes and works for the board).

i tend to think, if you got a mark significantly below what you were expecting, then at $12 it's probably worth having done just for the peace of mind.

out of interest, has anyone here had their mark change after submitting a recheck notice? or know of anybody whose mark has changed?
These details have now become available:

Rechecks: 1784
Changes: 5

Rechecks: 1825
Changes: 14

Rechecks: 1712
Changes: 27

Rechecks: 2257
Changes: 27

If a student sends in a single recheck application for three courses, it counts as three rechecks, not one.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Are there any statistics avaliable on what courses the re-checks were made for? I know for example that many Extension 2 students were dissatisfied with their marks and a lot lodged re-checks.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)