should I go for business studies or economics as main for a subject combination in HSC? (1 Viewer)

vidssDanoo

HSC
N/A
should I go for business studies or economics as main for a subject combination in HSC as I'm already choosing mathematics and accounting. There need to be 3 mains. which of the subject combination will help stabilize my future , and I also want to expand my business in the future

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Normally I’d suggest picking Business Studies as people tend to find it easier than Economics, but something doesn’t sound right here.

- Since when was there an accounting subject?

Business Studies gives you knowledge of 4 business fields whereas Economics only covers one field, something else you may have to consider for the future.

lucygoosy

HSC
should I go for business studies or economics as main for a subject combination in HSC as I'm already choosing mathematics and accounting. There need to be 3 mains. which of the subject combination will help stabilize my future , and I also want to expand my business in the future
I would say business as you want to expand ur business

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
In addition to the questions the others have above regarding accounting, what do you mean when saying 'as a main for a subject combination'? If there are 3 'mains' what are the others since you'd need to have 10 units minimum for your HSC?

However, to answer your question, I recommend going with business studies because as Jimmy said business Studies is broader. I also think it's worth considering that HSC subjects won't really 'stabilize' your future because essentially they're just school subjects yet although they do provide you with adequate yet basic knowledge, it's not really something professional. Definitely consider studying commerce (or even economics if you're more interested in that) at uni!

GBiancaV

HSC
I think it really depends what you are more interested in. Personally, i do both so i will give a brief description of each subject to help you chose. Business studies, in year 12, focuses on the 4 key business function, being Operations, Finance, HR and Marketing. Essentially you are learning about how a business runs which might be helpful for you as you stated you want expand your business in the future. The finance aspect of business may also help with your accounting subject. Economics on the other hand basically looks at the running of an economy and focuses more on Australia in the global economy (topics such as trade) and Australia in the domestic realm (so what the government does- policies). I would agree with the person above to say that economics does challenge you a lot more and encourages you to think in quite a different way. Personally i prefer economics but i would say that business is also a very interesting subject.
I hope this is helpful and if you have any other questions relating to the two, feel free to leave them below :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)