Should I go to film school? (1 Viewer)

PierreThomas

HSC
I'm contemplating going to film school because my dream is to be a film director. I know I sound a little ambitious, but it truly is my dream! If film school isn't an option (fees are expensive), what should I study at university if I want to be a film director? A lot of directors have majored in English and Philosophy (Nolan studied English, Terrence Malick studied philosophy, and a few more)

Also, I applied for a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Sydney, since I didn't make the cut-off for BOA (Media and Communications), should I transfer into Media & Communications after a year? I know an aspiring film director who is also studying Bachelor of Arts (Media & Communications). However, I don't know what he is majoring in.

Please help! What do I study?
Also, I thought about transferring into BOA (Media and Communications)/Law but should I really do this? I've been interested in politics for a while now.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
There is this degree in UTS called Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production). You might wanna look at that. Also UNSW have a major in Arts something like Film I cannot remember properly but make sure to check that out

I too am a bit of film fanatic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)