Should i go... (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Our school is thinking of taking us to the ext II day in armidale next term, but i have a bit of a problem. Its the thursday before our exams and go get there from Dubbo is a pretty big trip so it's going to be really exhausting and i'll miss out on 2 days of revision for my exams...

Does anyone know exactly what happens at these thing and how benificial they are? Are they worth going to?

Thanks Mel

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
dont know how worthwhile it is but two days of revision is alot though to miss

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Sarah168
dont know how worthwhile it is but two days of revision is alot though to miss
Yeah, especially if you actually study rather than getting bored and not studying.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I wouldnt. Judging from previous days and all that EdAssist, ETA crap, i think itd probably just be a dot point summary :)

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
i don't recommend you go. personally because most of the workshops i have been too (quiet a few) have been just saying things i already know, and its not worth missing all that work for something you probably already know. Think about it, there will be other workshops to come... just because you miss one, doesn't mean you'll miss out on a 'secret' or whatever, you already know everything.... don't stress over whether u should go or not.. just dont go.

HSC
N/A
I guess it depends how useful you think it will be.

My best extra-curricular type of eng ext 2 thing was an interview with Tim daly- this guy that comes around to various schools. He was brilliant, and rather than waste time it was just him look at proposal/reflection and draft and him telling me what could be improved rather than saying a lot of stuff I didn't need to know or had already heard.

I'm not a huge fan of the big get-togethers seeing as since my story is so specific I'd rather stay at home and work on it rather than not have a one-on-one session. Some of the obvious things like plot summaries and planning can be helpful, but all you have to do is steal these from the people who actually did bother to go... :)

Best wishes!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
the days dont seem to ever be really good or helpful. I'd have to agree with the other people here and say its probably not worth it in relation to the amount of time lost for study

Red Lady

I agree that it would probably be not worth it, but you also have to consider the value of the entire program. Our school is in it as well and we are going, i think we have booked a mini-bus with you guys. Anyway, the mentors at UNE don't seem to like replying to me, i only have had one reply i think. The rpoblem is if you don't go to the workshop, they won't reply on-line. That's what you have to decide - give up on a mentor or study. I have to go down to the days because I've already paid, but given the choice I would say it is a waste of time.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by Red Lady
I agree that it would probably be not worth it, but you also have to consider the value of the entire program. Our school is in it as well and we are going, i think we have booked a mini-bus with you guys. Anyway, the mentors at UNE don't seem to like replying to me, i only have had one reply i think. The rpoblem is if you don't go to the workshop, they won't reply on-line. That's what you have to decide - give up on a mentor or study. I have to go down to the days because I've already paid, but given the choice I would say it is a waste of time.

Looks like we are heading off with u guys - there are only 3 of us going out of the 4 now.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
It was yesterday - um i dont knwo if you use the UNE Ementor program - our school enrolled us in it or something...

It wasn't too bad actually - got a bit more information and ideas about the MW...

lol cept our bus broke down on the way home - so had an interesting trip...:D

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
lol um we chated to about 9 - then got in pjs, chatted till 10 then had to talk to our teacher till abotu 11pm - then me and bec chatting till abotu 11:30 so did about 2 hours study till later...

lol i got a cold - i think its from that bus trip back since it was freezing...

well were suffering with exams tommrrow... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)