• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i keep 12units?? (1 Viewer)

bubucar

HSC
kept 12 units and did pretty good in both va n mx2
:D

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Imo, 11 units is the best option. However, if you know that you'll be able to do well in all of your 10 units, drop VA.

bubucar

HSC
cuz what i was considering is, i do better in maths than visual art.
especially art theories/essays.... these need lots of english =.="
and i thought i would get more time concentrating on my other subjects if i drop one of them (4u or VA)
but,
if i've dropped 4u, i have still 11units. im not sure i can do good/better in VA still
if i've dropped VA, im sure i will have way more time on 4u but then i'll have just 10units which made me worry if i screwed 4u, and 2u doesnt count, i'll get low UAI

aalex

HSC
N/A
First of all, you seem very confused at this stage. My suggestion is to not take any advice before clarifying yourself first, as no one else knows better then you what you can /can’t do. HSC is a matter of being effective/ efficient (get the best results with the least amount of effort) and make it serve you to the maximum according to your future plans (tertiary education).
So, take a deep breath, listen to your inner voice and try to figure out what’s the least resistance path towards your final goal, HSC. Then, whatever the decision is, stick with it no matter what, be totally responsible and don’t let anyone influence you. Remember, you must be 100% confident in your abilities to take the right decisions and base them on your strengths, ignoring your weaknesses as they’ll be compensated finally. If you worry too much of your weak points and try to improve them you eventually end up being mediocre, whereas working on your strengths you’ll become an outstanding achiever.
If VA involves more hard work, time, energy, and less fun compared with maths (extension 2), then the answer is simple. Drop it! (I know where you come from when you talk about mastering English). Or the other way around: drop extension 2 and stick with 2 units, extension 1 eventually, and VA. DO NOT overload you doing both: VA and XT 2 as you waste lots of energy and lose efficiency. I have no idea about VA (degree of difficulty, which is subjective, anyway; resources, support, etc) as opposed to XT 2. Reflect on the result you’ll get on your first assessment on Wed (Good Luck!) and consider that most of the students find complex numbers (if this is the topic) one of the easiest chapters in XT 2, compared with conics, mechanics and so on- again, this is subjective. I don’t want to scare you, I warn you though it is not easy. It can become simple and simpler, as you move on, but that involves lots of hard work, which is on you.
As you can see there is no easy solution to your problem, most of the students in year 12 confront with the same dilemma, but again, the decision must be YOURS. All the consequences/ results will be a direct reflection of what you decide now. Don’t delay, the sooner, the better. The more you let others choose for you the less effective you will be. They don’t know you better then yourself, and no one else will do the hard work for you.
Whatever you choose, may that be the wisest decision ever and don’t give up!! There will be time when you feel desperate, frustrated, want to quit, which is fine at times, but you have to remember that you are a WINNER!!!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
If we can help, we’ll be always here (I’m talking about maths).
For now, watch this video and any time when you feel disempowered; it might help:

<o:p> </o:p></PRE>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vB59PkB0eQ</PRE><o:p> </o:p>
Don’ quit till you have nothing left!
Give yourself your best!

gm.haider3000

HSC
my answer to everything is become a homosexual... you either win or SUCK.. get it hahaah ahahaha

Kujah

HSC
N/A
gm.haider3000 said:
my answer to everything is become a homosexual... you either win or SUCK.. get it hahaah ahahaha
How lame.

shreejayshah

HSC
im doin 10 units rite now nd i dropped design nd tech. i knew im not gonna do gud at it at all. so if u think VA is ur worst subject, then you shud drop it, or keep it as a back up subject. For me, DAT wud no way be my backup subject. so im left with 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)