Should I learn ahead? (1 Viewer)

Salsta

HSC
I was wondering if I could get some advice from current or past HSC students. Is learning ahead effective? I'm about to start the HSC course in a term and was wondering if I should start learning the HSC content early during the holidays before my teacher starts teaching that content. Would you say this would help?

I'm doing maths ext1/ext2, physics, chemistry and english next year, I heard that for these subjects, especially the sciences and maths, it can be really beneficial to learn ahead, would love to hear your perspective on this.

Last edited:

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I was wondering if I could get some advice from current or past HSC students. Is learning ahead effective? I'm about to start the HSC course in a term and was wondering if I should start learning the HSC content early during the holidays before my teacher starts teaching that content. Would you say this would help?
tbf everyone should be doing this. Its in essence, the "unsaid" rule of Year 11 and 12. Pretty much everyone whom I know has succeeded academically in Year 12 learns ahead - in terms of amount, try to stay a term ahead! Sometimes you may fall behind but try to stay as consistent as possible (as did happen to me a lot lol) . Good luck!

Last edited:

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC

I'm doing maths ext1/ext2, physics, chemistry and english next year, I heard that for these subjects, especially the sciences and maths, it can be really beneficial to learn ahead, would love to hear your perspective on this.
if you want to learn ahead a bit for mx2 check out Howard's Textbook, its a free download and covers all topics for the current syllabus

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest, although I advocate for learning ahead, it is definitely not the be all end all. What’s really important is understanding the content and making sure you are consistently exposed to exam style questions regularly throughout year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)