Should I minor in Economics? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I am an arts/ law student majoring in international relations and am also in the process of brainstorming possible minors.

I considered Economics because I have been told it is both a useful and important discipline to understand in our society today and can add value to your resume if you have knowledge and understanding of basic macroeconomics/ microeconomics, as it shows you have understanding of the functioning of society. Also, because I am considering a career in political science and government it would compliment and provide you with a greater knowledge.

However, I am unsure whether I will do well with Economics as I am really good at history, english, social science subjects like society, culture?

Also, in high school eco never particularly interested me. I did take commerce until year 10. But my interests have changed, and while something like sociology or human geography would probably satisfy my interests more, I also want to do something that will equip me with relevant knowledge in today's society.

Please tell me what you think of this minor/ major.

If I were to do a minor I would have to do micro/macroeconomic analysis and micro/macro principles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)