• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should I move up to 2u mathematics from general? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
That's what I thought - it's probably the most popular elective in our school (Maths aside).

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Aerath said:
That's what I thought - it's probably the most popular elective in our school (Maths aside).
not at my school. It's popular, but not that popular..
bio,phys,chem and business are all much more popular.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
At my school, eco is proberbly less popular than bio. everybody did buisness. lolz, buisness scales a lot worse than eco, and they're both pretty easy. all the teachers of poor scaling subjects spoke a tone about how scaling doesn't affect you if you get a band 6. Then the science and math teachers gave a big lecture using examples about why you should do 4U math, chemistry, and physics, and also about how the DT and food tech teachers were complely wrong about scaling because numerous subjects scaled down even in band 6. Then the social science head teacher said that economics was the best scaled HSIE subject, but nobody listened to him, because he's very boring. lol.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
All teachers reckon their subjects are the best ones. :D

huhwotsthis

HSC
Due to lac of demand in the past. I asked my geo teacher about it and he said it's never went ahead at mine. Besides, no one was going to do it -- I tried to convince people but there was no chance. I go to a sports school and the highest demanded subjects are like pdhpe and sport/lifestyle/recreation. I was just lucky enough to make a geo class:D I'm waiting for my teachers advice for the move up to maths. I saw my friends papers and I could definitely get better than his 65% plus he does extension.

bored of sc

HSC
huhwotsthis said:
I saw my friends papers and I could definitely get better than his 65% plus he does extension.
in that, go for it - do 2U maths

if it looked manageable of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)