Should I pick up 4U Maths? (1 Viewer)

cathyzz

HSC
I am doing pretty well in both 2u and 3u at the moment
my marks are as follows:
2u - 87, 87, 95
3u - 92, 78
my school is in the top ten in the state so its pretty hard. i'm mainly worried about the workload in 4u since i'm a procrastinator and i only sort of started doing maths homework this year :/ any advice?

v1

HSC
well getting 80 for 4u (basically last in cohort) is better than getting 90 for chemistry, so it might be worth it if you're keen

LizzyGrant

HSC
I am doing pretty well in both 2u and 3u at the moment
my marks are as follows:
2u - 87, 87, 95
3u - 92, 78
my school is in the top ten in the state so its pretty hard. i'm mainly worried about the workload in 4u since i'm a procrastinator and i only sort of started doing maths homework this year :/ any advice?
yes

SquareHeartsAdrita

cya later alligator
HSC
yes 4U is good scaling and fun

since you're in a top 10 school, your school will probably carry you

dinomyte

HSC
Highly recommend doing 4U :) I've had a couple of friends who were unsure about doing 4U at first but now it's like thank god lol.
It's very rewarding and fun (not kidding lol it's become one of my fav subjects now), and also will make your 3U easier.
You seem to be doing pretty well in maths at the moment so 4U isn't going to be so difficult to the point that you can't handle the work load. Still, 4U can be challenging at times and will need consistent effort. But once the HSC momentum picks up you won't be procrastinating as much haha. Also since you're in a top 10 school you'll probably end up doing well and the scaling is super high.

meggles_

HSC
Highly recommend doing 4U!!!!! It's very rewarding and fun but also very challenging
But only if you enjoy maths (the scaling is a bonus)
Don't do it just for scaling because if you do you're going to have a bad time

But as with any other subject, it needs to be a consistent effort over the year
I think once you get into it, procrastination won't be an issue

Last edited:

cathyzz

HSC
Highly recommend doing 4U :) I've had a couple of friends who were unsure about doing 4U at first but now it's like thank god lol.
It's very rewarding and fun (not kidding lol it's become one of my fav subjects now), and also will make your 3U easier.
You seem to be doing pretty well in maths at the moment so 4U isn't going to be so difficult to the point that you can't handle the work load. Still, 4U can be challenging at times and will need consistent effort. But once the HSC momentum picks up you won't be procrastinating as much haha. Also since you're in a top 10 school you'll probably end up doing well and the scaling is super high.
Thanks for the advice :) I REALLY REALLY hope so, my procrastination habits always get to the worse of me :/ maths is also my strongest subject at the moment so i was thinking of doing 4u to maximise my marks in year 12. and yeah! the scaling is crazy high. my school isn't what you'd expect it to be but its still quite good.

cathyzz

HSC
Highly recommend doing 4U!!!!! It's very rewarding and fun but also very challenging
But only if you enjoy maths (the scaling is a bonus)
Don't do it just for scaling because if you do you're going to have a bad time

But as with any other subject, it needs to be a consistent effort over the year
I think once you get into it, procrastination won't be an issue
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it :) i suppose compared to other subjects i quite enjoy maths and i realised as long as i put in the effort the marks will usually come (unlike for my other subjects haha) i really hope so, thats what so many people say..its just that my prelims are in 2 days and im still cruising about :/ haha

meggles_

HSC
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it :) i suppose compared to other subjects i quite enjoy maths and i realised as long as i put in the effort the marks will usually come (unlike for my other subjects haha) i really hope so, thats what so many people say..its just that my prelims are in 2 days and im still cruising about :/ haha
Definitely! Maths is a great subject ^_^

Chill! Prelims don't count
I remember I started studying for my English prelims literally the day before
Good times :')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)