Should i primarily focus on 2u and 3u in Y11 (1 Viewer)

rezzeraa

HSC
Hi

I am currently a year 10 student doing prelims for maths 2u and 3u. Starting term 4 I’ll begin my HSC course for these subjects. Next year (year 11)), should i just focus on them and kinda disregard my other subjects ( not fully but not hardcore) cos if i can pull thru a band 6 for both ill have one less subject to worry about in year 12.

planning to do in year 11: eco, maths 2u 3u, adv eng, chem, physics + one more (any opinions?)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Hi

I am currently a year 10 student doing prelims for maths 2u and 3u. Starting term 4 I’ll begin my HSC course for these subjects. Next year (year 11)), should i just focus on them and kinda disregard my other subjects ( not fully but not hardcore) cos if i can pull thru a band 6 for both ill have one less subject to worry about in year 12.

planning to do in year 11: eco, maths 2u 3u, adv eng, chem, physics + one more (any opinions?)
from personal experience 100% yeah, but try your best in year 11 because it's a trial run for year 12. Knowing year 11 concepts will give you a good understanding of whats expected in year 12 esp for chem and physics which imo are more difficult than 2u math and on par with 3u.

rezzeraa

HSC
from personal experience 100% yeah, but try your best in year 11 because it's a trial run for year 12. Knowing year 11 concepts will give you a good understanding of whats expected in year 12 esp for chem and physics which imo are more difficult than 2u math and on par with 3u.
Thank you, do you have any recommendations for Y11 electives in relation to the ones ive already stated. definitely not 3 sciences and I don’t think im able to do those heavily writing subjects like history, legal, ect. some of my friends in the year above do a “slack off subject” as they say to relive a bit of the stress like society and culture. just don’t know what to choose for the last elective, maybe business?

pitbull1738

HSC
Hi

Yes, this will give you the best head start.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Thank you, do you have any recommendations for Y11 electives in relation to the ones ive already stated. definitely not 3 sciences and I don’t think im able to do those heavily writing subjects like history, legal, ect. some of my friends in the year above do a “slack off subject” as they say to relive a bit of the stress like society and culture. just don’t know what to choose for the last elective, maybe business?
business is writing a lot too

hafsah_

HSC
Business is a good subject because I'd say it's relatively easy in comparison to the other subjects you'll be doing but there is a lot of content and there is a lot of writing expected in exams too. I'd say Year 12 content is better than Year 11 though tbh

fairy.floss

HSC
Uni Grad
I really like pdhpe so far and I would say that its quite easy to get good marks. It is mostly memorising a lot of content like the skeletal and muscular system but games such as whack a bone made it so easy to remember them in 5 min. It doesn't scale the best but it is a nice chill subject compared to the rest of your subjects choices!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)