Should I retake accelerated maths? (1 Viewer)

mxhelle

HSC
So I haven't been the best student leading to my hsc year for maths(2U), but I did put proper effort to do well for this final year. I was averaging around 80-90% for my assessments until I got sick during trial preparation period ended up getting 65% in my trials and ranked 31/51 (my school is ranked 60-70). There's only 6 days left until the exam and I've been doing the best I can with my amotivation, but I don't feel prepared at all. I have been wondering if it is a good idea for me to resit the exam and try again with a fresh mindset. I know I can do better. Of course I intend to sit the test this year anyway and use that to work on my weaknesses, but I have seen countless forums saying that it is useless to resit when I can just use that time to study for other subjects.
In total I'm studying 10 units, and I don't think it's quite an overload since all I need to do for maths is constantly revise.
But is it truly a waste of time?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
helloo
It's not a waste of time to resit only if you're 100% sure that your results the 2nd time will be a drastic improvement from the 1st time. there's no point resitting if you're gonna go from an 83 to an 85, not worth the effort in that case. like you said it won't be too hard on you if you retake a course you've already been through, it'll just be revision for you.

I know a friend who did biology accelerated last year and got band 5, and she's resitting it this year to hopefully get a band 6. it's been easier for her since she's familiar with the course, the assessments and the exams. she's been studying for her other subjects just fine. you'll be okay even if you resit, there's nothing useless about it at all, provided you do a lot better the 2nd time!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
The main thing to make sure is you do papers consistently from the beginning. As you already know the content if you do this for a year you should be able to get a good mark. I also retook accelerated maths although I already had a mid band 6 so a good mark, but I was able to improve it to a high band 6 so it will definitely help your ATAR and it wasn't too much work I just did an exam paper a week

dumNerd

HSC
The main thing to make sure is you do papers consistently from the beginning. As you already know the content if you do this for a year you should be able to get a good mark. I also retook accelerated maths although I already had a mid band 6 so a good mark, but I was able to improve it to a high band 6 so it will definitely help your ATAR and it wasn't too much work I just did an exam paper a week
This guy is fricken insane

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
This guy is fricken insane
It's mainly cause my internal was lower sadly as I had made some silly mistakes in exams that took me a long time to try fix doing that. The first time I did the accelerated maths hsc my external mark was 99 and my internal 93 so yeah lol was worth the risk doing it a second time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)