Should I self-teach myself the Finance topic during holidays? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,

My BST class has covered Marketing, Operations and we finished HR at the end of last term. However, we haven't really started Finance yet and our trials take place during the 3rd week of next term and i'm fairly certain the trial exam contains questions overing all of the individual topics.

Is it worth going through and teaching myself the whole topic with the resources i have? or should i wait until school resumes and spend the remainder of my study these holidays going through Marketing, Operations and HR notes?

Also, we have been assigned the 'Role' syllabus sub-topic in Finance to complete over the holidays, so should i just leave it at that in terms of Finance study?

Thank you.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You might as well,it would be good to get ahead since most of the stuff in finance is fairly straight forward

ella22

HSC
Approach your teacher about this they will most likely know whats going to happen best out of us all.
Going ahead seems like a good idea, if your school is doing the catholic business studies paper for their trial then your going to have to do finance questions.
Learning the syllabus is EXTREMELY HELPFUL and if you dont want to study in full detail, you could try to get an idea of every dot point. There is no loss in going ahead unless its going to effect your study in other subjects. If you believe it will cause you disadvantage in studying for other trials then you should find another solution.
Good luck

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

My BST class has covered Marketing, Operations and we finished HR at the end of last term. However, we haven't really started Finance yet and our trials take place during the 3rd week of next term and i'm fairly certain the trial exam contains questions overing all of the individual topics.

Is it worth going through and teaching myself the whole topic with the resources i have? or should i wait until school resumes and spend the remainder of my study these holidays going through Marketing, Operations and HR notes?

Also, we have been assigned the 'Role' syllabus sub-topic in Finance to complete over the holidays, so should i just leave it at that in terms of Finance study?

Thank you.
Personally, I'd ask the teacher directly on what will be tested.

I remember my Business Studies trials covering all 4 topics but there were certain parts of Human Resources (our 4th topic) that would NOT be tested.

If your school writes its own trials, then your teacher should know what topics will and will not be tested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)