Should I switch to the IB? (1 Viewer)

miasa

HSC
N/A
I'm currently in year 12 (just started this term) but my parents want me to switch schools and do the Internal Baccalaureate instead of the HSC. I did very average in year 11- mainly because I didn't study that much. However, I AM worried about my marks for HSC.
If I did the IB, I would do slightly different subjects e.g. psychology
Would you say it is better to switch to the IB and do year 11 again or to continue with the HSC?

Thanks

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
As yr 11 have no bearing on hsc results, I'd say continuing with the HSC is a much wiser option.

IB is tough and no easy stretch over the hsc-you should continue moving forward with education and not repeating yr 11.

Triseratops

HSC
IB takes a lot of time and effort to do well...that being said, the HSC is no different. Unlike the HSC, in IB you have final exams and the mark you get is your final result - you are not marked against your peers, and rankings do not affect your result. The HSC is more recognised within Australia whereas IB is more recognised overseas (in particular to America). Also, in IB you have to pick subjects from each group of subjects, so its better if you are an all-rounder.

I suggest looking having a look through the groups before making any final decisions. But yeah! You gotta work hard to achieve good results either way :p haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)