Should I take honestly take Accounting or Marketing? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh I actually am not from there, and haven't visited yet either! *gulp* lol. I've just always dreamed of moving there one day for work life too. Hm. I have heard about that though. But possibly with good grades, it would be a gateway if a company decides to hire you? (I'd have to fully read up the employment/recruitment procedures etc). Thank you for the heads up though Seremify :D
Getting a professional job in the US if you're not local is a very expensive exercise (we're talking five figures).

IMO your best bet is getting a job at an international firm/company with a presence in the US and getting a secondment/transfer internally so they help foot these costs and make things a bit easier for you. That being said don't get the idea of an awesome holiday destination/place to visit with a place to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rosievictoriaj

HSC
If you already have doubts now then you should not do accounting, you should do something you are good at not just passing. I'm interested in the same degree as you is there really a lot of maths the first year ? I HATE MATHS

blueflowerleopard

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
If you already have doubts now then you should not do accounting, you should do something you are good at not just passing. I'm interested in the same degree as you is there really a lot of maths the first year ? I HATE MATHS
Hey there :) Sorry for the late reply. Eh... sometimes I guess in life you have to actually do stuff you don't always like, gotta push through for future benefits. All in moderation I mean, but I guess everything we want in life has some things we may not like doing to get there. It's all relative though. BUT YEAH ANYWAY, I'm definitely not a Maths person, but you can get through it quite okay. Just takes work though. But I'd warn you - Finance I HATED. It was so equationny. So definitely a no from me there. Economics also is quite mathy with graphs and equations.. eh... but surprisingly Accounting is more just add and minus and remembering order of things. The other subs you can do are Marketing, Information Systems (computers, machines), Human Resources and many more. I think it's a good course that gives you many future options :) But I have yet to see what awaits and how things turn out once I'm graduated. LOL. I visit this post ocassionally so if you guys wanna discuss progress I'm fine to keep chat open here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)