Should I undertake First Aid/RSA/RCG courses to improve resume? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey, fellow awesome BoSers.

I am considering to undertake First Aid/RSA (responsible service of alcohol)/RCG (responsible conduct of gambling) courses to improve my resume little bit. I am fairly sure that undertaking First Aid course would be very beneficial to me in alot of ways in general but I am not too sure about RSA and RCG...

I had the perception that they are only useful if you want to work in a pub or bar or wherever you provide alcohol at. But my friend suggested that it's not necessarily the case.

So, would it be worth undertaking First Aid course as well as those other two courses (RSA & RCG)?

Thanks

BTW, First Aid course = 95 dollars, and both of the other courses cost 65 dollars each

HSC
If you want to work in hospitality, then YES you need RSA/RCG to get anywhere with your application. If not, I wouldn't bother. I have always worked in retail and I don't have either. I want to do RSA though (but I want my work to pay for it :p).

First aid always looks good though, IMO. Definitely worth it. Check with your uni or local council though, sometimes they have programs for students/youth that are a bit cheaper than otherwise.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
If you want to work in hospitality, then YES you need RSA/RCG to get anywhere with your application. If not, I wouldn't bother. I have always worked in retail and I don't have either. I want to do RSA though (but I want my work to pay for it :p).

First aid always looks good though, IMO. Definitely worth it. Check with your uni or local council though, sometimes they have programs for students/youth that are a bit cheaper than otherwise.
This

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Do First Aid.
Do RSA/RCG if you actually want to be a waiter or barkeep. Do both though, cos whilst RCG isn't compulsory, most places will still ask for it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
They definitely improve your chances in most areas. First Aid is a great one to have anyway. And for anything in hospitality RSA/RCG are a great addition (and for clubs, a necessity).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thanks guys! I am still unsure whether I should take RSA or RCG...hmmmmm
130 bucks for all those 2, would it be worth the price to "improve" my resume? Yes? No?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Definately do the First Aid, as it has benefits beyond resume enhancement.

I think RSA/RCG are worthwhile even i you dont want to work in hsospitality, they are a formal qualificiation, and you never know when they might come in handy.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Indeed, First Aid will come in handy on the resume, at work AND in real life situations. It's definitely worth having.

Bananaberry

HSC
First aid is always helpful. Dont waste your time on RSA and RCG if you have no intention in working in the hospitality industry. I worked in the admin dep of a club and didnt even need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)