• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should insurance companies have the right to request the result of genetic tests (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Insurance companies have no responsibility to make sure everyone gets good health care; their responsibility is to maximise returns for their shareholders, so what you're saying is irrelevant ;)

boris

Banned
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Insurance companies have no responsibility to make sure everyone gets good health care; their responsibility is to maximise returns for their shareholders, so what you're saying is irrelevant ;)
They aren't going to have any returns because they're going to exclude 90% of the population from being eligible.

lasnAy

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

omg was that a serious comment?!?......

Whats the point of having insurance companies if they aren't concerned with providing Insurance to those that really need it .... If they introduce the gentic test, it's just going to further separate the uppper class to the lower classes (as they prob wont be able to afford expensive healthcare).

As Slidey said before: "insurance becomes pointless if only the people who don't need it can get it (or afford it)."

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
boris said:
well thats the other issue, should they be able to obtain the information without consent?

The other thing that has been proposed is that they can request the genetic information of family members to determine if the applicant is suitable.
yea insurance should be able to ask for test results. if they make a clause in their product disclosure statement and make it clear to their customers that it is mandatory, then those who choose to take up the insurance will need to provide the results. simple.

lasnAy

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
well what was incorrect about it?
i guess that you were stating the truth... my remark was out of repulsion i have for the intentions of insurance companies.....

i know that they are companies and their aim is to maximise profits.... but am i the only one who thinks this is quite a disgusting stance for these insurance companies to take?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)