Should marijuana be legalised? (3 Viewers)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
neo_o said:
Have you ever been to the Netherlands by the way?
Back home its technically illegal but its "tolerated" but u can be arrested if ur carryin more than 5g or any hard drugs. But back there drug use is not as common as ud think or in "untolareated" countries like America. Most of the people who smoke up in Kaffehuises are usually tourists anyway. Outside of Amsterdam it is relatively uncommon to smoke weed in public altho ppl like to do it on the train.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
don't know if this has been raised yet...

maraijuana is legal in the ACT and there does not seem to be a major crime problem in our nations capital. From a VERY generalised perspective, there appears to be less pot smokers in the ACT then in NSW ( a generalised perspective coming from someone who has lived in the ACT and NSW). Why? Easy, you take away theillegality of pot smoking and most people who would smoke weed just to be badass realise that they are not that cool for choofing off
and the incentive is removed ie. the amount of people who smoke cigarettes is decreasing because people are aware of the health risks and no longer see smoking as 'cool'. Thus, i beleive that maraijuana should be legalised.

I also think that alcohol is more harmful the pot. From my experiences pot is only harmful to the person smoking it, but alcohol can ruin the lives of not only the alcoholic but their family, spouses, friends etc.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao said:
my dad drives stoned to work everyday and has a gold licence. You've probably never smoked in your life and are just judgemental and ignorant of pot and its effects... The effects are great, i suggest you go punch a few- it might reverse your backward way of thinking.
wow....
well everything makes sense now!

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Right. But why should those who smoke it be considered criminals in the eyes of the law and society when they aren't harming society?
Answer: they shouldn't. Decriminalisation all the way.

Last edited:

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
yes! it should be illigal for everything exept critical medical reasons.
im alright with part legalisation, but not for the man on the street. thats rediculous. its like telling people "oh you can kill others" and relying on their good will not to.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
What do you mean the man on the street? There wouldn't be a man on the street if it was legal because people could buy it safely and cheaply in shops.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
people smoked pot at school like they would smoke a cigarette
i think it should be harder to get to
if it was legal..they would sell it at the shops..?
and kids would still get to it
which is my biggest concern..coz i dont care who smokes it..but seriously..13-14 year olds..thats wrong..

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao said:
What do you mean the man on the street? There wouldn't be a man on the street if it was legal because people could buy it safely and cheaply in shops.
you obviously dont understand
i mean man on the street as in ordinary human being, the status quo. god. seriously.
neway, safe, cheap pot isnt exactly the way to go, like i said before its relying on the good will of people. next thing you'll be hearing in the courts is "i couldnt help but stab him, i was under the influence of marijuana" which is just rediculous.
pot creates a faster, worse and more detrimental impact on the human brain and body. and thats for serious, ask any doctor, pharmacist or read any medical journal.
for extreme pain relief it should be allowed, but for some 15 year old kid trying to get their kicks, it should be illegal.

imsooverskool

HSC
azzie said:
yes! it should be illigal for everything exept critical medical reasons.
im alright with part legalisation, but not for the man on the street. thats rediculous. its like telling people "oh you can kill others" and relying on their good will not to.
i have never heard of anyone dying from using maraijuana- yeh sure smoking it will increase your chances of getting cancer, but so does smoking ciggarettes. As i said in my previous post pot generally only harms the user, in my opinion the govt should not be able to legislate over a person's individual actions that only bring harm to themselves ie. drug taking

imsooverskool

HSC
that being said... those who are off the face on 'harder' drugs such as special k and coke are more likely to act aggressive towards others and commit a violent crime... meh im contradicting myself

*runs and hides- BUT STILL THINKS THAT POT SHOULD BE LEGALISED*

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
can u imagine if it was legal..every one walking down the street at the shops..just stoned off their nut
i dunno..

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
imsooverskool said:
i have never heard of anyone dying from using maraijuana- yeh sure smoking it will increase your chances of getting cancer, but so does smoking ciggarettes. As i said in my previous post pot generally only harms the user, in my opinion the govt should not be able to legislate over a person's individual actions that only bring harm to themselves ie. drug taking
ive heard of plenty dieing of marijuana.
in fact, two of my cousins did- one died slowly from its effects and the other hung himself.
yes people do die of marijuana, because its a drug, and one which can expose deep mental issues in the user which would not become evident otherwise.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
soha said:
can u imagine if it was legal..every one walking down the street at the shops..just stoned off their nut
i dunno..
exactly. in the end, the goverment has to legislate for the people because you cant expect everyone to be honest and follow their moral conscience.
there are always those people out there, the dumbasses who will do anything for kicks. take away the legislation and you're basically giving them a free pass to do whatever the hell they want. which is not how society can function productively.

Last edited:

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
thirteen and fourteen year olds will be able to get marajuana no matter what its criminal status is, just like they can get their hands on cigarettes and alcahol... it makes no difference! What makes the difference is peoples attitudes. Azzie, it sounds to me like you don't really know the kind of effects you get from smoking and are relying on second hand accounts. As was mentioned earlier Potheads are much less violent (infact usually extremely passive because they're stoned) than drunks who can't use being drunk as a defence or even a mitigating factor in court anyway. I doubt then that being stoned would likely to be used as a defence in court for stabbing someone. I doubt that a stoned person would be more inclined to stab someone becuase theyre stoned in the first place. :rolleyes:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
soha said:
i dunno..
i dunno... i guess theres two sides to the story...
but heres my two cents plus gst...
i mean i find that pot is pretty damn easy to get... actually alot of drugs isnt too hard to get if you know people, have money...
and i agree if it were legalise i reckon the amount of users could decrease... since its meant to be cool and all that...

imsooverskool

HSC
once again i will point to the fact that POT is legal in the ACt and not everyone walks around "stoned off their nut". I am aware that Maraijuana is harmful, but so is alcohol and smoking and yet they remain legal. If adults want to use things that are harmful to thier bodies, then that is thier choice

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
miaomiao said:
thirteen and fourteen year olds will be able to get marajuana no matter what its criminal status is, just like they can get their hands on cigarettes and alcahol... it makes no difference! What makes the difference is peoples attitudes. Azzie, it sounds to me like you don't really know the kind of effects you get from smoking and are relying on second hand accounts. As was mentioned earlier Potheads are much less violent (infact usually extremely passive because they're stoned) than drunks who can't use being drunk as a defence or even a mitigating factor in court anyway. I doubt then that being stoned would likely to be used as a defence in court for stabbing someone. I doubt that a stoned person would be more inclined to stab someone becuase theyre stoned in the first place. :rolleyes:
sorry what part of two members of my family died from it dont you understand? thanks for being so insensitive. real nice.

and yes i do know what its like to smoke pot, and yes i do know it from second hand experiences, because i dont want to smoke it myself

oh and in case you didnt read it somewhere else, marijuana is a PSYCHOACTIVE drug.... which means that when marijuana enters your body, and interacts with your brain, its likely to cause disturbances to your mental pattern or aggravate existing psycotic issues, like schizophrenia....... DO YOUR RESEARCH. which in turn means that yes, it CAN lead to someone taking violent action against another person. and that person can then plead innocent by reason of depleated mental capacity.
ffs you're smoking this shit and you dont even know..... and i havnt touched it all my life and i seem to know more than you do.... thats gotta be saying something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)