• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Show me your intelligence. Assesment task. (1 Viewer)

idan

HSC
I recently recieved an assesment task for my preliminary legal studies coarse. However, I am unsure of what I must research.

How does Australian law not address the human rights of migrants?

So far the avenues I have started to reasearch include:
1. Feature Articles
2. Commentaries
3. Thesis
4. Legislation

However, I can't find any relevant information.

Could anybody please guide me in the right general direction?

Thanks.

Last edited:

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
the australian legal system, for a start, does not address human rights. The australian constitution (entrenched bill of rights), not the legislature (legislative bill of rights) have not been encorporated in Australian law. Thus, not entrenched/ legislative power to enforce rights. You coul mention Australia's status regarding human rights, compared to other countries like America, who has an entrenched bill of rights or Congo. (severe human rights abuses. Slavery, rape, genocide, murder etc) i could go on forever. Check out the migrands act 1958. This may need reform (link to continuity and change in the legal themes component- scores marks. let it roll off your tounge. What else do we have?? The tampa incident and the pacific island solution (recent event, very impressive to markers). You could also state that treaties such as:
the united nations declaration of human rights 1948
the international covenant on civil and political rights and the international covenant on economic, social and cultural rights have not been ratified into australian law. These form the international bill of rights but can not be enforced. This is just a start. Keep lookin. Answer the question and good luck.

I hope this was helpful. Trent

go john wayne!

happy birthday john!

howdy all you john wayne/legal lovers!
did u know that on the 26th of may John Wayne(if he was still alive) would turn 98!!!
ps this legal studies stuff is abit iffy!!
Any suggestions on how to get through it easier?

go john wayne!

cool bananas!

here are some cool john wayne quotes
"that'll be the day!"
"what did you say?"

no more at present. these quotes are all said in His distinctive gravelly voice, which makes them so much better!(you should see the movies!)

=slade=

HSC
hey this was my assessment, i think u've got a pretty similar question to wat i had. good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)