Shrinking World Resource - Wood (1 Viewer)

Kukudas

HSC > WOW
HSC
guys.... for section1 - shrinking resources

can u talk about wood as a shrinking resource????

some people say wood is not a good choice, because everyone in the world is planting trees.... therefore not a shrinking resource...

wat do u guys think about wood???
my teacher told me if u can justify that wood is shrinking resource.. it should be FINE -_-...

i need to decide quick b4 trial exam T_T

help me please!!!

lokigaia

HSC
your teacher is spot on. wood is fine, the dot point talks about a shrinking natural resource, not a renewable or nonrenewable one.

elgost25

HSC
UGH... dont do wood... if you do wood... yes it is dwindling... BUT you need to back it up with chemical equations and mention the synthetic replacement.. which is difficult to research let alone write in an essay... do something easy like rubber.. but you cant talk about plastics, obviously.

so yeah even if the rest of the response is totally spot on without equations itll never get full marks... stick with whats reletively easy

beentherdunthat

HSC
wth. You don't need to back it up with equations. The problem with using wood as a shrinking world resource is that you have to also mention what research is being undertaken to replenish/replace this resource, and that'd be a bit hard.

Use plastics from fossil fuels instead. Potential biomass can be used to replace this diminishing world supply.

Edit: Rubber is good too. We use synthetic rubber these days. Styrene butadeine iirc. lol.

probson777

HSC
Hey guys, what do you think about copper as a shrinking world resource?:idea:

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I choose wood. It's easier to relate to environmental consequences. You can choose Aluminium as well. Any metals should work.

Hell, you have to write an essay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)