• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

silly me! my preparation for trials (1 Viewer)

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
monday night i commit myself to not sleep to prepare for the trials, so had my buddy coffee with me all night, with a little music and another read [august edition of rolling stone - top 100 immortals of music] i was able to stay up until the mornin - 5:30, slept for half an hour and got ready for school again - so that was a 28 hour day so far.

my friend gave me some concentrated red bull - good call? so that kept me up, i was overloaded with coffee and all the stimulant which literally made me crazy. however i was able to get alot of work done that night so it was all good.

comments? any of your trial preparation stories?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Whatever tickles your fancy. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say it's a good idea to stay up all night preparing for your exams. What have you been doing earlier? Many people leave preparations to the last minute, but don't take it literally.

The best way to prepare for exams is to pay attention in class throughout the year and take necessary notes. Write up your essay, or do your past papers during the few days that precede your exams. On the night before, sleep early.

Although I'm never really that prepared. I always freak out a couple of days befoe my exams and start revising like mad. But usually I would get everything done some time in the afternoon of the day before the exams start, so I can have enough sleep.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
and eat good too. theres nothing worse than being starving in an exam.

NosaJ

HSC
viet you crazy bastard! i swear if you do that again i'll knock you unconscious to make you sleep!
how much do our timetables suck?
my advice is get enough sleep because you dont want to have a breakdown before the trials. try and relax a little too little dude, that bouncing off the walls shit was scary.
do what i do and constant revise, summarise and read your notes.

tennille

HSC
Crazy_viet, you really shouldn't do that. You need some sleep, even if you don't feel prepared. Too much study can overload you're brain so much that you may not remember things in the exam. Just learn to study, take breaks, and finish studying at the latest at midnight. Then get some rest/sleep to give your brain a break. :)

karpov

HSC
N/A
crazy_viet said:
monday night i commit myself to not sleep to prepare for the trials, so had my buddy coffee with me all night, with a little music and another read [august edition of rolling stone - top 100 immortals of music] i was able to stay up until the mornin - 5:30, slept for half an hour and got ready for school again - so that was a 28 hour day so far.

my friend gave me some concentrated red bull - good call? so that kept me up, i was overloaded with coffee and all the stimulant which literally made me crazy. however i was able to get alot of work done that night so it was all good.

comments? any of your trial preparation stories?
i think what you are doing is good. caffeine works wonders when u need to stay up to study. its not the best way to prepare for exams but at least it is the best short term prep you could do. but make sure you make up for the lost sleep. as long as you dont do it for the hsc than all is fine.

btw who were some of the top 100 immortals of music?

crazy_viet

BoS Member
HSC
karpov said:
i think what you are doing is good. caffeine works wonders when u need to stay up to study. its not the best way to prepare for exams but at least it is the best short term prep you could do. but make sure you make up for the lost sleep. as long as you dont do it for the hsc than all is fine.

btw who were some of the top 100 immortals of music?
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=79513

IceBreaker

HSC
viet, my advice would be to only study if u dont know anything at all!!, i rather get my good 8 hr sleep if even though i knew just 50% about my subject...

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
IceBreaker said:
viet, my advice would be to only study if u dont know anything at all!!, i rather get my good 8 hr sleep if even though i knew just 50% about my subject...

hahat that my mentality - sleep is so much more important! and breakfast!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)