Simple Question (1 Viewer)

blazezs

I want to become a teacher, not just any teacher!

I want to become a trained teacher who teaches technology such as Information Process Technology, Information Technology, Computer Studies and Commerce!

I'm just wondering, I want to get into University of Technology, I'm just wondering what courses will I need to complete to be a trained and qualified teacher!!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah some teachers don't even bother going for a bachelor, they just do a dip ed or something ( diploma of education)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
well, what iambored was saying is that people who wanna be teachers in a specific field usually do a specific course in that field first. so, in your instance, you wanting to go to UTS and all, you'd probably do an IT course there.

then you would do either a bachelor of education or a graduate diploma of education so that you have education qualifications to teach students, whether it s primary or secondary or even tertiary.

although, there are some courses which start u on a specific path from first year, like COFA does a bachelor of art education and i know of some unis who do bachelor of TAS education

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i'm not sure what you're confused about , maybe some questions would help ..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)