Sims 2: The Blog (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I'm bored of my games and want to revive interest in Sims 2 again seeing as a few people have decided to take it up... now... after like 2 years since it was introduced. Anyways post up a blog style recount of your sim families and how they are doing.

So far I have only one family:

The Thai Family.

Steven is in his prime, having married his high school sweetheart Catherine, who gave birth to two sons and a daughter. He's rich, has had many brilliant careers and is still young, physically and at heart. He feels he can live forever, but lately there isn't much to do. Currently only his daughter Melissa, the youngest of the three, is the only one living at home with them. Samuel, the eldest, is married to Meadow, and looking after Valentino. Jeremy, the middle child, is in college dating Sayuri. Soon Melissa will also head off into college, leaving an empty nest for Steven and Catherine to attend to. Life has become somewhat dull however and he is looking to spice things up a bit. Although he loves Catherine very much, he feels the relationship has plateaued. Will he find someone new or see what he can do to revive the passion that once was a great romance?

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC

K.

So here is the family network/tree i am working with in the sims. It consists of 3 main families: Florentus, Tsang and Star. I've had the florentus family since the beginning. Chastity died in an unfortunate drowning incident whilst her brother was at school and her dad was at work. Iago Died of old age. Patrick, however, went on the marry Sue Tsang (major in 'literature'), daughter of Danni and Christian Tsang and granddaughter to Tiana and bejamin star. Danni and Christian have also had a son (sean) who is an economics graduate. Sue's uncle Benny Star married his college sweetheart Jasmyn, an african-american girl and had 3 children. The Most successful fo which is Archie (with 7 skills maxed out, a gold medal in toy making, an degree (art) and the owner of various properties. He married Dina Caliente. Their daughter Suki, currently lives with her grandparents. Adrian is in college and Juliet married a rich and successful bachelor. She currently lives in a mansion near the pleasantview bridge.

I hate when i accidently get the female sim to 'propose > marriage' meaning the man takes up her surname as opposed to common tradition. As a result, however, the Tsang Family makes up the majority of the remainder of the tree (as you can see from the picture)
Sue and Patrick Tsang had 3 sons. Jan with a major in philosophy had 20 simultaneous lovers at one stage (fulfilling a lifetime want). Whilst he had 2 children with Andie: Artimus and Cathy, He and Andie never married. Instead, Artimus became the adopted son of Jane, Jan's bride after the birth of both of these children. Jan and Jane had their son Albus. Both Artimus and Albus attended university (recieving bachelor degrees in economics and mathematics respectively) Albus was abducted by aliens as a teenagers and, whilst he had difficulties liking his mother as a teen, he has got over his attitude difficulties and is now good friends with both of his parents. He married his college sweetheart and first love Amaya GilsCarbo and had a son named Andrew. Albus fulfilled his lifetime want of being a criminal mastermind but left this career to reach the top of both the showbusiness and culinary careers. His wife was a townie and has a major in Economics and a silver medal in robotics (as well as bringing $17 000 to the family when they married! Booyeah!) Patrick and sue died before Michael became a teenager and, as such he is now orphaned and has been taken by social services. Sebastian inherited the three properties owned by his father on the event of his death. He is unmarried without any children. Unfortunately for Amaya, Albus Tsang has been unfaithful, recently impregnating Dina Star whilst Archie was getting a car alarm installed. This is quite strange as it turns out Dina is from the same generation as Albus' great-grandmother. Ew.

So yeah, basically this whole thing has been an experiment to produce rich good-looking sims. I'll post a pick of the yet-to-be-born child of Dina star (step brother/sister of Suki) when he is born. He/she will prove to be the collaborative result of 3 significant families.

Edit: sorry about the screen stretching :p

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Melissa has successfully applied to private school at the same time she got promoted to school mascot in the Athletics career. She has $10,500 worth of scholarships and is ready for college.
Jeremy, sporting a black tank top and tatoos is taking a small break from the hectic college life majoring in Mathematics. He's wondering whether he should called up Sayuri as ask her on a date.
Canh Thanh and Moi, Steven's parents are enjoying the quiet life.

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I just went with the standard Pleasantview thing so...

Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant sorted out their marriage problems and had a fantastic sex life. Lilith and Angela Pleasant sorted out their problems and became friends. They both went to University and graduated with First Class Honours, both marrying their childhood sweethearts.

Those sweethearts, Dustin Broke and Dirk Dreamer both had good childhoods. Dustins mother, Brandi, has re-married a NPC, Benjamin Long, they now have $100,000, she is an Intern and he is a CEO. Brandi has 3 biological children from her first marriage, an adopted son, Pao and a little one on the way. They have also moved house.

Dustin and Angela are now living in the Pleasant House. Daniel and Mary-Sue have since passed away and they have a little daughter, Anastasia and a son, Peter. Renovations to the house have included a career aspirations room, where the plastic surgery station, bio-tech station, candy making machine, grim reaper telephone and surgery simulator all live, as well as about 9 or 10 bottles of elixir taken from Daniel and Mary-Sue's inventories before they died.

Lilith has moved in with Dirk and they have a son. Darren Dreamer has moved out and is living with Cassandra Goth, as Mortimer is now living with Dina Caliente. Nina Caliente has shacked up with Don Lothario but as I hate all of them, I don't play with them.

Oh, both boys also went to college and graduated with first class honours.

Who else? Oh their friends from school, Ricky and Sophie also went to uni with them and are also with their own little one in a house across.

Dustin's younger brother, Beau, has his own place now and fell in love with Lucy Burb. They are going to get married soon.

Thats about it. I only play the Sims during the holidays (yes, I uninstall for semester) so things are pretty slow moving.

You should see my mother. She has Veronaville looking NOTHING like the original.

And yes, yes I just did say my mother plays the Sims. Avidly. With a passion. Tis v. disturbing.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
lol. There's like... no drama in your Pleasantville. Everything is TOO perfect. But then I can be accused of that too, though I'm thinking of creating tension if I'm blogging it. I like writing stories that's why.

HSC
lol. mine's gunna end up being one huge inbred family tree. And i use pleasantview, bluewater vilage and downtown to house my sims. In fact, i have built some awesome buildings in downtown for businesses.

i only play mine during holidays and then give the CD to my parents to hide from me for the semester. That way i don't have to uninstall it and i can keep all my current households.

HSC
has anyone else built any servos? Amaya Tsang in my game ended up getting a gold medal in robotics and built a male and a female servo. Now the servos are married and i send them to work to earn monies. Problem is that, unlike the sims 1 servo, they have aspirations and needs like fun, social, "power" (like energy. can be improved by charging from sunlight or sleeping in a bed) and environment. So it's like having 2 extra family members to look after.

Lol. dont put a servo in a hot tub. :p they go crazy :D

Amaya and Albus Tsang had twins just now (anastasia [thanks for the name ujuphleg!;)] and Nicholas) so now i have 7 controllable characters in the one house. 2 adults, a teenager, 2 robots and 2 toddlers. It's a madhouse. they're heaps poor because they had to move into a bigger house they could barely afford.

Oh and Dina had Albus' baby. It was a boy and i named him Peter. I've got something for russian royalty lately eh...

yeah anyway. I've given mum my disc now...no more sims for quite some time now. Like, november sometime.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I built a servo and put it as female and guess what I did? I used the Flirt > Tune Up and Catherine got angry and it broke up the family so I quit and restarted. That was a complete disaster :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Felicia is a single mother of 2. Her oldest daughter, Jeni, is now an adult. Still living at home (thats just plain sad). Felicia and Jeni have a rough relationship. Felicia's aspiration was romance, and even though Jeni has never actually met her father, she got furious at her mother, when Felicia was in love with 9 different people.

Jeni ran away days before becoming an adult. Felicia was worried. She reported her missing, but Felicia was heading into becoming an elder. She decided it was time to have another child. Jason is now a child.

Jeni came home, grew up perfectly, and married the man of her dreams, who she found downtown. Jeni and Armando couldn't wait to start a family. They had twins :eek: A girl - Gabriel, and a boy - Giancarlo.

So in the house now I have 6 sims. A elder (Felicia), 2 adults (Jeni and Armando), 1 child (Jason), and 2 toddlers (Gabriel and Giancarlo).

transcendent

HSC
N/A
if you get the routine right the toddler shouldn't be too much of a problem. i usually have the toddler learning a skill, mainly Charisma, while the parent is off doing something else. learning to potty train is a priority and saves so much time.

HSC
yeah, i always get them to learn a skill while having fun. usually logic so they can meditate which can prove useful if their needs are in good condition and they need to maintain that level for a few hours (eg: before going to work)

But i still dont like toddlers. They bring any real advantage to the household as a whole but waste so much time.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
transcendent said:
lol. There's like... no drama in your Pleasantville. Everything is TOO perfect. But then I can be accused of that too, though I'm thinking of creating tension if I'm blogging it. I like writing stories that's why.
Yeah, its funny how the way in which people play this game is an inidication of their character. I like things to be neat and orderly and I don't like change, so I'm pretty particular about the game (although I do have free will switched on) My favourite aspiration is knowledge and family.

My mother is a control freak, and plans ahead to who will marry whom, what they will be etc. and plays hitting pause every 2 seconds to line up another 10 actions for each sim in the household. Her favourite aspirations for sims are knowledge, family and money.

My sister is a budding designer, and loves getting all the latest clothes and kitting her house out with the most electic wallpapers etc. My sisters favourite aspiration is love and popularity, only because it feeds her entertainment and drama cravings.

My boyfriend is really laid back and lets thing happen as they come so basically just lets the game run, only stopping once in a while to direct a sim to eat or go to the toilet (and to fufill their aspirations) His favourite aspiration is Pleasure, as he hates working etc.

Meh, go figure.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
hahaha that's cool. I'm more of a Knowledge aspiration but slower moved to Fortune when I realised that you could exploit paint masterpiece and make... a fortune! and get heaps of aspiration points as well! except it's less likely when you install Open For Business. I'm bored so i might try other aspirations. I have it a mix of orderly and practicality. like your mum I have a wordpad text of what i'm going to name the babies with boy/girl option and how many for each couple. I like creating the family tree.

HSC
i used to use family aspiration heaps but now i like Knowledge, romance and fortune.

I use pause quite frequently when things are getting busy

But yeah, i like to create family trees so i create a huge breeding experiment.

Oh, and did anyone know that nina and Dina caliente are part-alien?! look at their family tree if you don't believe me.

I think i'm gunna get 2 of my male sims abducted so they have alien babies. then i'll breed these together and make a full alien family, slowly breeding out the human. :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I hate Strangetown, its so WEIRD. Makes me feel ill.

Again, another insight into my personality. See what I mean? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)