Singers in music 2 (1 Viewer)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Hey guys, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many singers are actually doing music 2?
Being a singer myself, I find that music 2 and music extension are dominated my instrumentalists. While I realise that a lot of singers can't actually read music, I find it unfair that a lot of people generalise and say that none of us can. A lot of people also say that anyone can sing! I say that anyone can learn to play an instrument!! You can learn how to sing properly, but you can't learn how to have a good voice!!

steffo

steph
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Hey guys, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many singers are actually doing music 2?
Being a singer myself, I find that music 2 and music extension are dominated my instrumentalists. While I realise that a lot of singers can't actually read music, I find it unfair that a lot of people generalise and say that none of us can. A lot of people also say that anyone can sing! I say that anyone can learn to play an instrument!! You can learn how to sing properly, but you can't learn how to have a good voice!!
I'm a singer doing music 1, and two of my friends are doing music 2 and they are also vocalists. one male, one female.
i think generalisations about singers are there to be ignored. i can read music and im a singer and am only doing music 1. as long as you are confident with your abilities and willing to work hard on your performances and other course work, dont worry about it. there are other people in the same boat as you too.

did u see encore this year? any years? there's always vocalists in there, and encore is usually comprimised of mostly music 2. dont let it bother u. esp if u are goodf enought o be doing ext.

go for it i say.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
It definately doesn't bother me, I'm just curious to know how many others are out there! There's 4 singers in my music 2 class this year, and we're all also doing extension, 3 in performance and 1 in compsition.
Yeah, I did see encore this year!! I was there with half the senior musos of HSPA cheering on Aaron Taylor, who was at my school last year

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
What sort of style does she sing? Jazz, classical, pop? Also, what additional topic? Because all the pieces have to represent either music of the last 25 years or additional topic.
And what vocal range- ie soprano, alto, mezzo-sop

Last edited:

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
I'm doing 6 performances, 3 for music 2 and 3 for extension.

For music 2 I'm doing:
"The Lost Sailor" By Christopher Bowen - Last 25 years
"A Bit of Earth" From "The Secret Garden" - Also last 25 years
"Poor Wand'ring One!" From "The Pirates of Penzance" - Additional, 19th Century

For Ext I'm doing:
"Voi Che Sappette From "The Marriage of Figaro"-Mozart
"Mein Glaubiges Hetze" (My Heart Ever Faithful)- Bach
"The Prayer" Which is my ensemble piece

What's everone else doing?

saxyT

HSC
hey....im a soprano and I do music 2, altho i double on the alto sax as well...but i just sang for an assesment performance and did well!!!!
I know what u mean about the generalisation people make about anyone singing!!! Has anyone tried singing a major scale, then harmonic minor scale, then melodic, then chromatic?? With out accopmianment!!!! I mean its dead easy on the sax, but in the voice!!!! IT takes alot of practice and aural skills!!!! U have to have really good ears and have to be sure of ur voice!!!
Im glad there are other singers out there who are going thru the same thing!!!!

saxyT

HSC
AMEB singing exams

how many people have done ameb singing exams??
what r they like?? ( i.e whats the technical work etc and standard of grade??)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)