Single Law degree vs combined law with commerce/economics (1 Viewer)

bikapika

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Material covered is very different, and the prerequisite for entry to an MBA is a beast GMAT and an undergraduate business degree.

So either way it doesn't matter.
an undergraduate business degree? i thought any undergraduate degree + 2 years of work experience + gmat will get u into mba : )

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
i will be able to finish both degrees in 5 years time with less "pressure" (2 law courses per semester compare to 3 law courses per semester for single llb)
not really. at the end of the day you'll still be doing 4 subjects per semester... i.e. who's to way a unit of economics you'll be taking instead will be easier/less pressuring than a unit of law?

however im limited to only choose subjects from 2 faculties
as long in the end of the four years you do all that's required they dont tend to give a shit what order you do them. you can cram your commerce units in the first few years and concentrate on your law during the last few years if you really wanted to*, although nobody does it (i assume there's a good reason for this and being a non-conformist isn't exactly a good idea). what's posted is a recommended guideline (and i do recommend you follow it closely).

*don't quote me on this

bikapika

HSC
jas0nt said:
not really. at the end of the day you'll still be doing 4 subjects per semester... i.e. who's to way a unit of economics you'll be taking instead will be easier/less pressuring than a unit of law?

as long in the end of the four years you do all that's required they dont tend to give a shit what order you do them. you can cram your commerce units in the first few years and concentrate on your law during the last few years if you really wanted to*, although nobody does it (i assume there's a good reason for this and being a non-conformist isn't exactly a good idea). what's posted is a recommended guideline (and i do recommend you follow it closely).

*don't quote me on this
I'll still quote u : ) pretent it as a xmas gift for me

the thing is, numerous people told me that law courses involve so much more work compare to economics courses, isnt that true? then doing 2 law courses + 2 econn courses would have "less pressure" compare to doing 3 law courses + 1 econn course

for the 2 faculties limit, i meant for a combine degree, only subjects from 2 faculties (say commerce and law) will be counted towards your degree. Since you need to do at least 96units from commerce and at least 144units from law, that makes up 240 units for 5 years already. you dont have the option or the time to do units from other faculties unless you decide to lengthen your time to complete the combine degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)