Single to double degeree (1 Viewer)

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if its possible to transfer from a single degree, lets say, B Science or a B Engineering to a B Science/ B Engineering?

P.S. Is it better to transfer from science or engineering into this double degree, or do you restart fresh regardless?

D94

HSC
N/A
Which uni?

If the university doesn't offer a certain combination, then you obviously can't just add on a random degree.

But generally, you can transfer from single to double, and you don't usually restart anything or redo the courses, credit is usually counted for the double as well if it is relevant to either of the degrees.

Nick_K

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm at USyd and I transferred from BE/BSc to BSc in my second semester. The first year students doing civil/flexible first year have the same subjects in the combined degree as a straight B Eng student (this may vary for other streams). Generally it is better to go from engineering to science as engineering has core subjects that you HAVE to take (Like Matlab and Engineering Disciplines at USyd), wheras science just requires that you have 12cp of math and any 24cp of non-math junior science units. You are pretty much going to have that covered from an Engineering degree anyway so you won't lose time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)