Singles Night (1 Viewer)

HSC
Without any intervention on your part, I'm sure people still looking for relationships will get by ok one way or the other. Is there any particular reason why you've taken it upon yourself to do the desperate and hopeless a favour?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
hfis said:
Drop the speed dating, add free drinks.

Seriously, the LSS cocktail party was a blast. Law students are boring and no one wants to party with them, but when we spread the news about the FREE ALCOHOL tickets sold like hotcakes. It was an awesome night, too.

FREE ALCOHOL = SUCCESS
So how do you know Amin? :D

drake_skywing

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Without any intervention on your part, I'm sure people still looking for relationships will get by ok one way or the other. Is there any particular reason why you've taken it upon yourself to do the desperate and hopeless a favour?
Well i was watching the movie hitch and seeing the scene with the speed dating making me think how good it would be in Australia. So i thought i would set something up

xiphias

HSC
Okay, by the sounds of it.. you really want to get this thing off the ground. I have run 1 or 2 small events in my day and know 1 thing which allways kills ya. Cost!

Now your looking at getting some DJ's to play.
- If you dont have any connections the going rate is between $500-800 per gig depending on solo/team etc and also depending on the equipment you are going to provide them. Lets say $650

Now your security blokes are going to have to be no less than a team of 5-6 at the least. Remember you pretty much need 2 for the front, 1 for the line, 2 roaming around outside the event and 2 inside at the least - These guys dont come cheap. At a povo $25 bucks an hour your are going to be looking at around 3-4 hours of pay so say $700

If your really dedicated you can setup all the fences, flyers, advertising etc if not i can easily see around $300 here

For the drinks, you cant just say... if i get 100 people turn up ill take x amount of the drinks, you have to take x amount off the drinks and hope 100 people turn up. Your biggest selling point is "Hey come to the party, drinks all 10% off...." how do you say this when you dont know how much your going to take off which depends how many your going to get.

At the present time your going to atleast need 110 people @ $15 a head to turn up regardless or your going to sink.

Remember the more people come, the more you have to add to total costs and the more of everything your going to need.

-xip

drake_skywing

HSC
Thanks xiphias, thats some really good advice, so i am pretty sure i can get a dj cheap, seeing as i know a pretty good dj that would prolly do it for me cheap. though the costs do seem to be very high, hmmm, well thanks for the advice and it seems i'll need to get some people to help me with this seeing as it is becoming very very difficult.

HSC
drake_skywing said:
Thanks xiphias, thats some really good advice, so i am pretty sure i can get a dj cheap, seeing as i know a pretty good dj that would prolly do it for me cheap. though the costs do seem to be very high, hmmm, well thanks for the advice and it seems i'll need to get some people to help me with this seeing as it is becoming very very difficult.
You could give up like most normal people would upon realising that their idea is:
a) shit
b) unfeasible; and
c) shit.

iPud

HSC
OMG! It has just occurred to me, you're that same person who is asking about it on the UoW MySpace forums. :rofl:

happinin

HSC
So how do you know Amin? :D
ROFL !!! I HAD THE FEELING HE WOULD BE MENTIONED AFTER THAT QUOTE !!!

amin is my cousin :)
but im in computer science lol

Ramteen

HSC
Why dont we auction off some people lol.
as you know.... part of the event, I wouldnt mind seeing how much chicks bid for me :)

oh yeah and ..... free grog !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)