>Siphons (1 Viewer)

dr pete

HSC
Does anyone know if it is possible to syphon a fluid from a reservoir that is lower than the place the fluid is intended to go? I've heard you can but I haven't been able to do so.

shady145

Banned
HSC
of course, u just have to be out of a gravitational field lol.
on the earth we have gravity.
so if we had some water in a pool right, and a pond say .5 metres higher then the pool, then we could have a little channel to make the water go back into the pool. then it is powering itself, impossible. if we could do this then our renewable energy would be resolved as we could build many turbines, and as the water is flowing from the pond to the pool again then its turning the turbine, making a current, this would go on forever and so we are making energy violating the conservation of energy.
when ur in space where there is 'no' gravitational field then, if u had a pool of water then syphoned it 'up'(well up is only relative to an object) then the water would just keep going once u provided the first 'suck'. so ur not gonna get a continuous flow.

those answers are only my opinion, i don't know for sure, but just thinking about it i'd say its a very logical answer which would suggest i'm right

dr pete

HSC
of course, u just have to be out of a gravitational field lol.
on the earth we have gravity.
so if we had some water in a pool right, and a pond say .5 metres higher then the pool, then we could have a little channel to make the water go back into the pool. then it is powering itself, impossible. if we could do this then our renewable energy would be resolved as we could build many turbines, and as the water is flowing from the pond to the pool again then its turning the turbine, making a current, this would go on forever and so we are making energy violating the conservation of energy.
when ur in space where there is 'no' gravitational field then, if u had a pool of water then syphoned it 'up'(well up is only relative to an object) then the water would just keep going once u provided the first 'suck'. so ur not gonna get a continuous flow.

those answers are only my opinion, i don't know for sure, but just thinking about it i'd say its a very logical answer which would suggest i'm right
I'm pretty sure ur right because i've experimented a bit with it with no luck. What you were saying about renewable energy was exactly my idea for my physics EEI and the next nobel prize lol but of course it wont work.

thanks anyway mate.

pete

shady145

Banned
HSC
I'm pretty sure ur right because i've experimented a bit with it with no luck. What you were saying about renewable energy was exactly my idea for my physics EEI and the next nobel prize lol but of course it wont work.

thanks anyway mate.

pete
haha next nobel prize violating that law, i like it.
O yea Go NSW tonight (i c ur from qld)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)